du has confirmed that it will add 5% to its products and services from January 1, 2018, as value added tax (VAT). As mandated by the UAE Federal Tax Authority, 5 percent VAT will be added to applicable telecommunications products and services effective from January 1, 2018. For postpaid customers, 5% VAT will be […]
Tag Archives | du
Du, Dubai’s second telecom service provider, has announced that it will provide WiFi internet access in upcoming Dubai Tram. This announcement between the telco and the Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) came during GITEX Technology Week 2014 on the sidelines of the telecom operator being chosen as the Smart City Official WiFi Provider in Dubai. […]
du to donate AED 20 to Dubai Cares for every participant in Every Step Counts walkathon. The event, organized in partnership with Dubai Mall to support Dubai Cares programs, took place on 23 July at 10pm in Dubai Mall. Participating in the event will be the Emirati singing sensation Ambassador-at-Large Hussain Al Jasmi. For every du customer […]
YahClick, the UAE’s third satellite broadband service has been launched by Al Yah Satellite Communications Company PrJSC (Yahsat), a private joint stock company owned by Abu-Dhabi’s Mubadala. YahClick already operates in 10 countries across the Middle East, Africa and Asia and will be distributed in the UAE by local telecom businesses SkyStream and Safa Telecom. […]
According to a new regulation by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA), applications for new mobile phone SIM card must accompany a copy of either Emirates ID Card or Passport. Earlier, subscribers used to get new SIM card by submitting copies of labor card or driving license. The rules were circulated to all mobile phone shops […]
On pretext of curbing illegal phones, the mobile phone users in the UAE are asked to re-register their SIMs in 18 months or risk having their telephone services cut off. Reported by the Arabian Business, the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) said in a statement that mobile phone subscribers are expected to fully update their data […]
Du has issued an statement saying that a cut in an underwater cable between Dubai and Oman could effect internet services in the UAE. Gulf News reported that in a statement Tuesday, Du said that the cable was served at 7.45am on Monday and that operators were working to fix the problem. Internet traffic was […]
Du internet service in UAE has partially restored as one of the two cable cuts has been restored while the second one might take weeks. A cut in SMW3 cable has been restored while repairs for the other cable, i2i, may take take one or two weeks. The cause behind the cuts was not shared […]
A small fire at the headquarters of the Orbit Showtime Network in Dubai has resulted in a temporary suspension of a number of popular television channels. Around 44 OSN television channels were temporarily suspended following a fire and a subsequent power shortage at the broadcast centre in Dubai’s Media City. Following message is posted at […]
After an earlier unsuccessful attempt to curb down BlackBerry usage in UAE, the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has now asked Etisalat and du, to restrict BlackBerry Enterprise Services (BES) to “qualifying organisations” and private individuals. Qualifying organisations must have a valid UAE trade licence, and a minimum of 20 or more Enterprise accounts under the […]
- Dog Walking in Dubai October 23, 2021
- Expat Guide: How to Effectively Manage Cost of Living in Dubai October 21, 2021
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member October 19, 2021
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai October 17, 2021
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai October 15, 2021
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai October 13, 2021
- List of Traffic Fines in Dubai October 11, 2021
- Top 10 mobile apps to download in Dubai October 9, 2021
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? October 7, 2021
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai September 21, 2021
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...