According to a new regulation by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA), applications for new mobile phone SIM card must accompany a copy of either Emirates ID Card or Passport. Earlier, subscribers used to get new SIM card by submitting copies of labor card or driving license. The rules were circulated to all mobile phone shops […]
Tag Archives | TRA
On pretext of curbing illegal phones, the mobile phone users in the UAE are asked to re-register their SIMs in 18 months or risk having their telephone services cut off. Reported by the Arabian Business, the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) said in a statement that mobile phone subscribers are expected to fully update their data […]
The Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (TRA), jointly with Etisalat, recently launched the campaign to raise awareness and discourage the use of mobile phones that use a fake (or cloned) International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number. An (IMEI) number is a unique 15-digit code on every mobile phone. As Emirates 24X7 reports, Etisalat will begin stopping functionality […]
There is a commotion building in UAE over the new Skype-powered internet calling services offered by Facebook. Standalone Skype software has been banned for years in the UAE, but questions remain whether the same ban applies to internet calling offered within the Facebook platform. Earlier this month, Facebook unveiled the tie-up with Skype to bolster […]
After an earlier unsuccessful attempt to curb down BlackBerry usage in UAE, the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has now asked Etisalat and du, to restrict BlackBerry Enterprise Services (BES) to “qualifying organisations” and private individuals. Qualifying organisations must have a valid UAE trade licence, and a minimum of 20 or more Enterprise accounts under the […]
The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has extended the registration in the (dotEmarat) Sunrise period for an additional six months to give trademark owners opportunity to take advantage of the unique offer. TRA is encouraging trademark owners to apply during the Sunrise period to benefit from a wide range of benefits including the ease of registration […]
Currently Internet Telephony is not publicly accessible and those who use it have to go through a labyrinth of technical mumbo-jumbo with a constant fear of legal prosecution. However, there is some light at the end of tunnel, as Etisalat and Du will soon offer the service that allows customers to make international calls over […]
Believe it or not, YouTube is going to be banned in Dubai, and UAE. The Commander in Chief of Dubai Police, Lt Gen. Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, is of opinion that YouTube ‘incites hatred’ and, therefore, should be banned from computers. Dubai Police Chief has launched a campaign during which he called upon Etisalat to ban […]
- Dog Walking in Dubai October 23, 2021
- Expat Guide: How to Effectively Manage Cost of Living in Dubai October 21, 2021
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member October 19, 2021
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai October 17, 2021
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai October 15, 2021
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai October 13, 2021
- List of Traffic Fines in Dubai October 11, 2021
- Top 10 mobile apps to download in Dubai October 9, 2021
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? October 7, 2021
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai September 21, 2021
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...