Recently, several users across UAE have noticed that Skype is out of order. On reaching Etisalat, it was stated that Skype is blocked in UAE for providing unlicensed VoIP services. Hi, The access to the Skype App is blocked since it is providing unlicensed Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Service, which falls under the classification of prohibited […]
Tag Archives | Etisalat
Etisalat, in collaboration with a third party, has launched a new prepaid SIM card called Five prepaid mobile connection, offering low calling rates. The call rates are quite cheap for international calls and the big advantage is that the flat rates are applicable throughout the day and there is no need to subscribe to any […]
YahClick, the UAE’s third satellite broadband service has been launched by Al Yah Satellite Communications Company PrJSC (Yahsat), a private joint stock company owned by Abu-Dhabi’s Mubadala. YahClick already operates in 10 countries across the Middle East, Africa and Asia and will be distributed in the UAE by local telecom businesses SkyStream and Safa Telecom. […]
Etisalat is now offering free local calls to landline phone subscribers across UAE. The offer is valid for Etisalat eLife and standalone landline subscribers. This will be in addition to the free local landline calls within each emirate that they already enjoy. Etisalat is also offering all landline subscribers a “favourite country plan” which helps […]
Etisalat has launched its first cloud service in UAE, targeted towards small and medium sized businesses and enterprises. Etisalat cloud service, known as Cloud Compute, is packaged as Infrastructure as a Service meaning it is a pay as you go model. The subscribers will be charged for what they consume, reducing the overall IT expenditures […]
According to a new regulation by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA), applications for new mobile phone SIM card must accompany a copy of either Emirates ID Card or Passport. Earlier, subscribers used to get new SIM card by submitting copies of labor card or driving license. The rules were circulated to all mobile phone shops […]
On pretext of curbing illegal phones, the mobile phone users in the UAE are asked to re-register their SIMs in 18 months or risk having their telephone services cut off. Reported by the Arabian Business, the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) said in a statement that mobile phone subscribers are expected to fully update their data […]
In a move that raised the spirits for Indian and Filipinno expats in Dubai, Etisalat has announced that it is cutting the call rates to India and Philippines for up to 30%. The cuts will affect several countries including Egypt, Jordan, India and the Philippines. The revised rates will be implemented by second half of […]
The Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (TRA), jointly with Etisalat, recently launched the campaign to raise awareness and discourage the use of mobile phones that use a fake (or cloned) International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number. An (IMEI) number is a unique 15-digit code on every mobile phone. As Emirates 24X7 reports, Etisalat will begin stopping functionality […]
After an earlier unsuccessful attempt to curb down BlackBerry usage in UAE, the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has now asked Etisalat and du, to restrict BlackBerry Enterprise Services (BES) to “qualifying organisations” and private individuals. Qualifying organisations must have a valid UAE trade licence, and a minimum of 20 or more Enterprise accounts under the […]
- Dog Walking in Dubai October 23, 2021
- Expat Guide: How to Effectively Manage Cost of Living in Dubai October 21, 2021
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member October 19, 2021
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai October 17, 2021
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai October 15, 2021
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai October 13, 2021
- List of Traffic Fines in Dubai October 11, 2021
- Top 10 mobile apps to download in Dubai October 9, 2021
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? October 7, 2021
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai September 21, 2021
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...