Highlights of restructured paid parking policy in Dubai
– The previous free parking hours from 1pm-4pm have been removed
– Paid parking is in effect from 8am onwards every day except Fridays and official holidays
– Zone categories have increased to A, B, C, D, E, F, G and multi-storey
– Hourly rates have increased in select zones
– A new 30-minute parking rate has been introduced in Zone A
– The cost of seasonal parking cards have also changed
Paid Parking Timings in Dubai
The new paid parking hours will be from 8am to 10pm, without any break in the afternoon, applicable to all zones across Dubai.
Paid Parking Zones in Dubai
In the new system, Dubai will have four paid parking zones:
- Zones A and B will cover roadside parking and parking lots respectively in commercial areas.
- Zones C and D will cover roadside parking and parking lots respectively in non-commercial areas.
- Deira Fish Market, Tecom areas and Downtown Dubai have been designated as three special zones E, F and G respectively.
The commercial areas or zones A and B cover the central business districts in most of Deira and Bur Dubai as well as its adjoining localities.
In Deira, it includes, Abu Hail, Hor Al Anz, Al Baraha, Al Muteena, Al Khabaisi, Al Muraqabat, Rigga Al Buteen, Port Saeed, Al Rigga, Naif, Ayal Nasir, Deira Fish Market, Al Ras and Al Buteen.
On the Bur Dubai side, areas like Al Shindagha, Al Souq Al Kabeer, Al Hamriya, Umm Hurair 1,2, Oud Metha, Al Karama, Al Mankhool, A Raffa, Al Hudaiba, Al Kifaf, 2nd December street, and the sector between Dubai World Trade Centre and Interchange One on Shaikh Zayed Road fall under Zone A and B.
Also falling in commercial area category are 308th street and Al Saada street, both parallel to Shaikh Zayed between Dubai World Trade Centre and Interchange One. Dubai Marina and its adjoining areas also fall in this category.
Recently, Downtown Dubai and Business Bay areas were added to the paid parking zones. The Downtown area is designated zone G, while Business Bay falls under zones C and D. Both areas won’t be affected by change in tariff, while regular parking timing of 8am to 10pm will apply.
In the two special zones of E (Deira Fish Market) and F (Tecom), there will be a different timing. In Deira Fish Market the paid parking hours will extend till 11pm and in Tecom areas the paid parking hours will be from 8am to 6pm.
Paid Parking Rates in Dubai
Zone A (commercial areas, roadside parking), the parking fee has been doubled from Dh2 per hour to Dh4 per hour. In a first for Dubai, a provision for a payment of Dh2 for 30 minutes has been made in this zone. The fees work out at Dh8 for two hours, Dh12 for three hours and Dh16 for four hours.
Zone B (commercial area — parking lot) the fee has been increased to Dh3 for one hour, Dh6 for two hours, Dh8 for three hours, Dh12 for four hours, Dh15 for five hours and Dh20 for 24 hours.
Parking fee has also been increased in RTA’s multistorey car parks, from Dh3 per hour to Dh5 per hour.
However, parking fees will remain same for the rest of Dubai, which falls under zones D and C and covers 77 per cent of the total paid parking spaces in the city.
Seasonal parking permits: Amendments have also been to the tariff for seasonal parking permits. The new Category A seasonal permit rates are Dh1,400 for three months, Dh2,500 for six months and Dh4,500 for one year.
The new rates for seasonal parking permits for Category B are Dh700 for three months, Dh1,300 for six months and Dh2,500 for one year.
The new tariffs for seasonal parking permits for multilevel parking facilities are Dh2,000 for three months, Dh4,000 for six months, Dh8,000 for one year and Dh300 for three months for students.
The seasonal parking cards are not valid in any of the special areas including Downtown Dubai, Business Bay, Tecom and Deira Fish Market.
How to pay for parking in Dubai?
There are six modes of payment for parking in Dubai
1. Coins: Buy a parking ticket using coins at the nearest paid parking machine.
2. Prepaid card: The pre-paid parking cards are available at supermarkets and grocery stores in denominations of Dh30 and Dh100. The ticket amount is deducted from the balance on the card when inserted into its respective slot on the machine.
3. Seasonal parking cards: Seasonal parking cards are available in different values and periods of validity. Cards fall into A , B and T categories and are available in three-month, six-month and annual validity.
4. mParking: Send an SMS to 7275 in the following format: number plate-space-area code-number of hours. You can opt for hourly alerts for renewing your parking tickets at an extra charge of 30 fils per SMS.
5. Nol Card: Nol card can be used to buy parking ticket and the amount will be deducted from the card balance.
6. Smart Parking A free app for parking, Smart Parking charges no additional cost for transactions done on the app.
Parking fines in Dubai
Dh150 Not paying the parking fee
Dh100 Overstaying expired time on ticket
Dh100 Exceeding the maximum allowed parking time limit
Dh200 Illegal parking
Dh500 Using parking space allotted for people with special needs without permit
Dh500 Displaying “vehicle for sale” in banned areas
Dh200 Double parking