Dubai is going through a phase to impose precaution and prevention measures against the deadly Coronavirus. To make sure the residents take these measures seriously, which are totally for their benefit, the government has implemented a set of fines against violations these measures.
List of fines for CoronaVirus lockdown violations in Dubai:
• Dh50,000 fine for patients who refuse the compulsory hospitalization or continue to ingest prescribed medications despite being notified.
• Dh50,000 fine for non-compliers with:
– Home quarantine instructions as per home quarantine guides.
– Quarantine instructions at private facilities determined by competent authorities and refusing to take the test again as per health procedures.
• Dh2,000 fine for people leaving their homes during non-curfew hours except for performing vital jobs or buying necessities.
• Dh3,000 fine for people leaving their homes during announced curfew times, except for necessary matters like buying food, medicine, health emergencies and for vital sectors exempted during curfew.
• Dh1,000 fine for motorists who exceed the limit of passengers in their cars [more than three].
• Dh1,000 fine for failing to wear medical masks in indoor places, by those suffering from chronic diseases, and people showing cold and flu symptoms or failing to maintain social distancing.
• Dh50,000 and administrative closure for entities:
– Violating the closure instructions of educational facilities, cinemas, gyms, clubs, malls, outdoor markets, parks, cafés, shopping centers and restaurants or for receiving customers.
– Opening public parks, beaches, sports training centers, swimming pools and hotel pools without taking precautionary measures set by competent authorities -Failing to temporarily suspend cruise tours.
• Dh500 will also be issued for visitors of the above entities
• A Dh10,000 fine will be issued for whoever invites or organizes gatherings, meetings, private and public celebrations. Participants will also be fined Dh5,000.
• Dh2,000 fine for violating precautionary measures issued by the Ministry of Health and Prevention by passengers coming to the UAE from countries affected by communicable diseases.
• Dh3,000 fine for:
– Failing to take proper health measures regarding regulation of markets, roads, and other public places exempted from temporary closure.
– Refusing to dispose any temporally structure, clothes, luggage or others proved to be contaminated or might be contaminated by any pathogen if they can’t be disinfected by established methods.
• Dh10,000 fine for failing to take a precautionary measures by the crew of shelter ships.
• Dh3,000 fine for violating the provisions of Communicable Diseases law when burying or transporting a dead body infected with communicable disease.
• Dh5,000 fine for not following sterilisation procedures in public and private transportation.
• Dh1,000 fine for unnecessary visits to health facilities.
• Dh5,000 fine for refusing to conduct a medical test upon request.