Good News for Job Seekers: Dubai announced new Job Exploration Visa

Dubai Expat Blog

Living in Dubai

duabi work vsia
The UAE cabinet has announced a unique visa for individuals interested in exploring the UAE for job prospects.

What is job exploration visa?

Job exploration visa is single entry visa which will be issued to individuals – either working professionals or students.

The visa will be granted to those classified in the first, second or third skill level as per the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE). Fresh graduates from the 500 best universities in the world can apply as well; the minimum educational level should be a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.

The single-entry permit is issued for three durations: 60, 90 and 120 days, according to information available on the website of the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICP). This means that people looking to shift base to the UAE have up to four months to explore the job market here.

Difference between Job Exploration Visa and Tourist Visa

The main difference is that the job-seekers visa is designed for skilled workers who come to the UAE to look for a job. More importantly, it does not require a sponsor or a host. Previously, job-seekers would come on regular tourist visas to look for a job.

The tourist visa, on the other hand, is only meant for those who want to visit the UAE. People on tourist visas are not allowed to work in the country, and if they are found doing so, they could incur a huge fine. This new visa will ensure more protection and flexibility for job-seekers.

Cost of the job exploration visa

The cost of the job exploration visa differs based on the length of stay, and fees include a Dh1,025 refundable security deposit and insurance.

The 60-day visa costs a total of Dh1,495; the 90-day one, Dh1,655; and the 120-day permit, Dh1,815.

Charges will be different for someone already inside the country.

Where to apply for job exploration visa?

Individuals can apply for the new entry permit on the ICP website, at customer care centres or accredited typing centres.

Documents needed

Applicants need their passport copy, a colour photo and attested qualification certificates for the service. Additional documents may be required.


New Tenancy Rule: Dubai Land Department requires tenants to register co-occupants


How To Save On Food While Living In Dubai

Leave a Reply