Aiming to cut down reckless driving and violation of traffic laws, the UAE Ministry of the Interior has rolled out new traffic fines for motorists in Dubai, and elsewhere in the Emirates.
Some of the new traffic rules and traffic fines in Dubai are:
- Driver and all passengers must use seat belts and those who don’t face fines of AED400 and four traffic points.
- Reckless drivers and motorists endangering lives of others will be fined AED2,000 along with 23 black points. Their vehicles will also be impounded for 60 days.
- Motorists caught driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs will have their license suspended for 12 months, starting from the day of the court’s verdict.
- Driver travelling at speeds beyond 80 kilometres per hour over the speed limit will have to pay a fine of AED3,000, 23 black points, with their cars being impounded for 60 days.
- Motorists stopping cars on the road and blocking traffic will be fined AED1,000, while those littering the road will face penalties of AED1,000 and six black points.
List of traffic fines in Dubai
The Federal Traffic Council is expecting the changes to lower road traffic fatalities by 30 percent within one year.