Careem has started to offer booking of RTA operated Dubai Taxis through its app. Existing customers will see the new “Taxi” car type as an option and new users to Careem will need to download the app from their app store and register an account to get started. No credit card details are needed to […]
Tag Archives | Dubai Taxi
Over 4,500 taxi cabs in Dubai are now linked with Makani, the new addressing system in Dubai. Makani, an Arabic word which means ‘my location’, uses a 10-digit number linked to a GPS coordinate. Makani is a satellite address system introduced by Dubai Municipality is accurate down to a metre and even shows the location […]
Dubai Taxi Corporation has planned to equip 1,500 taxis with CCTV cameras by the end of this year. The cameras will focus the driver only. Dr Yousif Al Ali, CEO of Dubai Taxi, clarified that the move is to only help the RTA to monitor the behavior of taxi drivers. None of the cameras will […]
Recently, Dubai residents have started to note, and complain, that taxis taken from the malls are bit steeper than taxis hailed on the streets. Responding to such reports, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has clarified that taxis in the malls are usually requested by mall managements from the call centre so call center charges […]
Commuters Beware! The Roads and Transport Authority has installed CCTV cameras in taxis as part of a pilot project to monitor the performance of drivers and for general security. The pilot phase is expected to last a few months and during this period feedback will be taken from drivers and passengers. The RTA is yet […]
Dubai taxi fares increased again within 12 months. Taxi commuters will now have to shell out an additional 11 fils per kilometre, while passengers heading from airport will have to pay 21 fils per kilometre. Previously, taxi flag down rate was increased from Dh3 to Dh5 and the minimum fare was raised from Dh10 to […]
Another hike in the cost of living for Dubai residents. As announced today by RTA, the flag down rates of taxis in Dubai will increase from Dh3 to Dh5 from December 1. RTA has also revised the basic charges for booking cabs, with the non-peak hour bookings costing Dh8, up from Dh6, and the peak-hour […]
Non-Emergency Transport Services (NETS) in association with RTA has launched Aunik, dedicated taxis in Dubai, offering specialised service round the clock. The first of its kind service in the region, Aunik taxis are equipped with wheelchair lift, customised seating facilities for patients as well as a trained driver. The vehicles are designed for non-emergency travel […]
Dubai taxi users can now pay their fares via Nol, debit and credit cards, the Roads and Transport Authority of Dubai (RTA) has announced recently. The move came as a result of the signing of a partnership between the RTA and payment solutions provider Network International. The card payment system will be introduced in phases […]
When you sit in a taxi in Dubai, you can see a notice that if the meter is not in operation when you reach your destination, the ride will be free. Not any more. As reported by Gulf News, Taxi meters in Dubai will turn on automatically the moment a passenger enters the vehicle, […]
- Dog Walking in Dubai October 20, 2020
- Expat Guide: How to Effectively Manage Cost of Living in Dubai October 18, 2020
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member October 16, 2020
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai October 14, 2020
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai October 12, 2020
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai October 10, 2020
- List of Traffic Fines in Dubai October 8, 2020
- Top 10 mobile apps to download in Dubai October 6, 2020
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? October 4, 2020
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai September 18, 2020
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...