Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has issued a law requiring all Emiratis and Dubai expats, including dependents, to have insurance in place to pay for their emergency and curative healthcare needs. While Emiratis will be handled by a Dubai government-funded scheme, Dubai expats and their dependents will be handled under private health insurance schemes. The law […]
Tag Archives | DHA
Here is a list of top 10 mobile apps to download in Dubai. 1. mParking Don’t have any loose change on hand? Then just send a text message to 7275 and pay for parking via your cell phone. The format is quite simple: first enter your licence plate number, followed by your parking zone number […]
Most typing centers in Dubai are no longer accepting applications after new standards were introduced by authorities. The typing centers are diverting applicants to DHA Medical Fitness Centers for filling up application forms for medical fitness tests, required for visa renewal. Reportedly, the typing centers have stopped processing medical fitness test applications as they are […]
The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has implemented new legislation under which all residents, expat and Emirati, as well as their dependents, must have health insurance. While Emiratis are covered under a government-funded scheme, expats will need to make their own arrangements to make sure that they are covered under a suitable private health insurance scheme. […]
According to the Health Insurance Law in Dubai, misuse of health insurance cards call for a fine. A fine of Dh5,000 will be levied if health insurance card holders allow someone else to use their card. The Health Insurance Law follows the decision of Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of […]
Residents of Dubai applying for a new visa or visa renewal must provide proof of medical insurance. When applying for a new visa or visa renewal, a medical certificate must be presented. It is a document provided by the insurance company stating that a person is covered by medical insurance. Insurance companies have to provide […]
The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has announced that no visas will be issued or renewed for workers whose employers have not paid for their insurance. The DHA said that it was working with the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs to ensure that no work visas were issued to companies with more than 100 […]
Dubai has passed a new law that has made health insurance coverage for every expat resident in Dubai, starting from January 2014. Currently only a million residents are covered out of the more than three million residents in Dubai. Officials from the Dubai Health Authority DHA said many blue-collar workers are not covered and this […]
Soon patients in waiting rooms and admitted to hospitals in Dubai will be prescribed with tablets of another kind. The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has announced that in few weeks, more than 3,000 Android tablets will be deployed across the Authority’s network of primary health centres (PHCs), hospitals and speciality centres. The Android tablets will be […]
Expatriate doctors who work full-time at any Ministry of Health (MOH) government facility will no longer be allowed to work part-time in the private sector in Dubai beginning October 1. Gulf News quotes a senior Dubai Health Authority (DHA) official, saying, “The [affected people] are only the non-UAE physicians who are working full-time in MOH […]
- Driving in Dubai without a license May 17, 2019
- Dog Walking in Dubai May 14, 2019
- Expat Guide: How to Effectively Manage Cost of Living in Dubai May 11, 2019
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member May 8, 2019
- Things to do during Ramadan in Dubai May 5, 2019
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai May 4, 2019
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai May 1, 2019
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai April 28, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? April 18, 2019
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai March 19, 2019
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...
- Ismail: How we will get cheap to pakistan from the five s...
- Masud: How I’ll get cheap calling price to bangladesh f...