Parents are frustrated as private schools in Dubai are allowed to rise fee up to 4.8 per cent for the next academic year. The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) stated that the best-performing private schools in Dubai could raise their fees by up to 4.8 per cent. Many parents were disappointed because their already […]
Tag Archives | KHDA
Education in Dubai to get dearer as 117 private schools will increase fees this year after approval from the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). This fee increase is applicable for the next academic year, which will start in April 2016 for Indian schools in Dubai and August 30 for other private schools in the […]
GEMS Winchester School in Oud Metha has announced that it will not be offering class 10 from next academic session. The school, which is located in Oud Metha, did offer affected pupils seats in two other GEMS schools — Winchester School in Sharjah and The Westminster School in Al Ghusais. But parents declined, saying that […]
Dubai American Scientific School closed by KHDA for knife-wielding pupils, unlicensed teachers and fee hikes
The Dubai American Scientific School in Al Quoz is closed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority for knife-wielding pupils, unlicensed teachers and charging double fees. The Dubai American Scientific School failed seven consecutive inspections by the education regulator, the Knowledge and Human Development Authority. On one occasion a fight broke out among pupils, one […]
Dubai’s Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) has announced that, from now on, parents and schools will have to sign on a legal contract. Titled the School Parent Contract, it will include “refund and admission policies, school fees, attendance and punctuality, as well as health and safety provision and transportation,” the KHDA said in a […]
Gems Education system Dubai is in another controversy. The Westminster School, a private British curriculum school in Al Ghusais run by Gems Education, has notified parents that it will charge Dh475 per subject for grades nine and higher, and Dh150 per subject for grade six in exam fees. One parent feared this meant grade nine […]
The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) had received applications from 29 schools seeking permission to increase their fees. However, private schools in Dubai will not be allowed to increase fees in the new academic year (2011-12). This is a breath of fresh air for expats in Dubai.
Three universities operating from free zones in Dubai have been closed, while six others are under scrutiny, a top official from Knowledge and Human Development Authority said. Mohammed Darwish, head of the Systems and Control Section at the authority, said that they cancelled the commercial and academic licenses of UEIMS Medical Science University, Mahatma Gandhi […]
Well, were we not aware of how good Indian and Pakistani schools in Dubai are? Dubai Schools Inspection Bureau (DSIB) has just confirmed what most of expat parents already know, most of Indian and Pakistani schools in Dubai suck. According to DSIB study reported in Arabian Business, one in five Indian and Pakistani schools in […]
Follwing Dubai Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA)’s decision that Private schools should not collect tuition fees in advance, six private schools in Dubai have been ordered to refund tuition fees, collected in advance, after they continued to violate directives issued by education authorities. Khaleej Times reported that two of these returned fees to parents […]
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai October 6, 2022
- Good News for Job Seekers: Dubai announced new Job Exploration Visa October 4, 2022
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai October 3, 2022
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai October 1, 2022
- List of Traffic Fines in Dubai September 29, 2022
- Top 10 mobile apps to download in Dubai September 27, 2022
- New Tenancy Rule: Dubai Land Department requires tenants to register co-occupants September 25, 2022
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? September 23, 2022
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? September 23, 2022
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai September 7, 2022
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...