There might be several reasons behind a person’s decision of relocation to Dubai. For instance it could be a better lifestyle, high salary, good education quality, or unemployment in your country. Relocation to Dubai is a good idea but you must take notice of a few things before moving in there. What to consider before […]
Tag Archives | Education
Education in Dubai is no easy feat. The tuition fees and other charges keep rising, while the quality of education is either staying put or going down by the day. Not to mention the autocratic behavior of the administrators. Arabian Business has published story of an expat who has recently suffered from a school in […]
Dubai-based GEMS Education is planning to venture out in the UK by setting up private schools with fees at half the price of top schools in the country. As reported by Arabian Business, GEMS intends to open six fee-paying day schools for boys and girls aged three to 18 in towns and cities across England […]
Follwing Dubai Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA)’s decision that Private schools should not collect tuition fees in advance, six private schools in Dubai have been ordered to refund tuition fees, collected in advance, after they continued to violate directives issued by education authorities. Khaleej Times reported that two of these returned fees to parents […]
Dubai Modern High School wants to keep in the news. Apparently it is persistent with its move to new Dhs 200 Million campus, and subsequent fee hike. The school issued a circular that it will be moving to its new Dh200 million site in Nad Al Sheba because there is no overwhelming support from parents […]
Despite Dubai’s Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) education authority’s announcement announcing that it will come out with a new fee structure for private schools, Dubai Modern High School run by the Global Education Management Systems (GEMS) has asked parents to vote for a fee increase so as to be considered as a? “special case”. […]
Private schools in Dubai that have collected tuition fees in advance have to refund the advance or risk facing licensing issues. Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) has reiterated its warning of last week, without going into the precise action it has in mind for continued refusal to comply. Khaleej Times reports many parents have […]
GEMS introduced an education insurance programme that assures funding of pupils’ tuition fees in the event of death or total disability of the family’s primary bread winner. Himmat Sandhu, Director, School Business Operations and Administration, Global Education Management System Education (GEMS), said EduShield programme offers global coverage for the parent and a tuition fee payout […]
Parents are continuing their grievances against fee hike by Dubai Modern High School (managed by GEMS). Pradeep (doing excellent coverage of Dubai Modern High School situation), gave links to online survey and Facebook forum at his blog. The links are: – Survey at Survey Monkey (only parents are requested to fill the survey form) – […]
Dubai Modern High School, a GEMS managed school, has released its fee structure for the academic sessions of 2009-2010 and 2010-2011, which shows an exponential raise in tuition fees. Parents have complained that they don’t need bigger facilities or state-of-the-art swimming pools on the cost of such an exponential increase in fees, especially at this […]
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai August 12, 2022
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai August 10, 2022
- List of Traffic Fines in Dubai August 8, 2022
- Top 10 mobile apps to download in Dubai August 6, 2022
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? August 4, 2022
- How to get job in Dubai Hotels? August 2, 2022
- Expat Health Insurance in Dubai July 31, 2022
- Achieving the Right Work-life Balance in Dubai July 29, 2022
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? August 4, 2022
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai July 19, 2022
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...