The Westin Dubai Hotel has just launched a weekly competition to promote the upcoming Dubai Marathon on Facebook! You can become a fan of the page and participate to win prizes. Check this on Facebook From Dubai Expat Diaries
Government sector in UAE will have 10-day holiday from December 2 to December 11 to mark UAE National Day (December 2) and Eid Al Adha. Private sector will have 3-day holiday (December 9,10,11) for Eid Al Adha, while they all get one day off on December 2 for National Day Celebrations. Wishing a very happy […]
Dubai has felt the heat of global recession and at least property and real estate sectors are already in downsizing mode. Nakheel, Dubai’s real estate master developer, made 500 people (or 15 per cent of its global workforce) redundant while scaling back projects. This is the second biggest confirmed job cut in the UAE so […]
As mentioned earlier, one of the potiential usage of Emirates ID Card, mentioned by EIDA, is that it can be used as Health Card. However, those who have yet to get the ID Card can continue using existing Health Card.
Yeah, as confusing as it may sound, that’s how it is. Darwish Ahmad Al Zarouni, Director-General of the EIDA, says, “We will announce the time frame for new categories of expatriates on February 1, 2009, but the registration will continue (for the existing category) throughout the month of January.” This means that EIDA has not […]
EIDA Staff processing Emirates ID Card applications have been given anger management training, amongst other trainings, to deal with rush of frustrated expatriates trying to register before the deadline of December 31, 2008. During a radio interview, Thamer al Qasemi, the planning director at the Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA), pleaded for people to be patient […]
Abra is a traditional boat made of wood, used to transport people across Dubai Creek in Dubai. A medium-sized single-engine craft with a capacity of about 20 passengers, it is driven by a single operator from a sort of cockpit stepped in the center of the hull. The short platform around the cockpit, sheltered by […]
Amlak Finance PJSC and Tamweel PJSC, the two leading UAE real estate finance providers, will be merged into a new entity under the umbrella of the Real Estate Bank (a government owned entity). – The Real Estate Bank (REB) was founded in 1990 to support the building sector and provide appropriate housing for UAE citizens […]
Taxi passengers in Dubai will no longer have to pay the Salik road toll. The Roads and Transport Authority said the move was part of a series of initiatives aimed at improving taxi services. Passengers currently have to pay the Dh4 Salik toll every time they pass under a gate.
Emirates ID Card is introduced by the UAE Government, in April 2006, as a single all-purpose identity card. Emirates ID Card, is compulsory for everyone living legally in the UAE, including nationals, expatriates and GCC citizens. Emirates Identity Authority: Emirates ID Card is produced and updated by Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA). EIDA is an independent […]
- Driving in Dubai without a license May 17, 2019
- Dog Walking in Dubai May 14, 2019
- Expat Guide: How to Effectively Manage Cost of Living in Dubai May 11, 2019
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member May 8, 2019
- Things to do during Ramadan in Dubai May 5, 2019
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai May 4, 2019
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai May 1, 2019
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai April 28, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? April 18, 2019
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai March 19, 2019
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...
- Ismail: How we will get cheap to pakistan from the five s...
- Masud: How I’ll get cheap calling price to bangladesh f...