Deira Clock Tower stands at the gateway of Maktoum Bridge, first permanent structure to straddle Dubai Creek, providing a vital link between Bur Dubai and Deira. One of Dubai’s oldest landmarks, the Clock Tower was reconstructed in 1989. The steel reinforcements used to build the tower had corroded as concrete had not been used in […]
EIDA officials are still presistent that there will be no change in December 31 deadline and Dhs 1,000 fine will be imposed on Emiratis unable to register for their ID cards by the deadline. Target for December 31, 2008: – Emiratis 825,000 – Expatriate Professionals 600,000 Registration completed by November 30, 2008: – Emiratis 596,000 […]
Arabian Park Hotel in Dubai is offering free food to UAE residents who have recently lost their jobs. This free services for the victims of the credit crunch is available from Dcember 15, 2008 to January 15, 2009, General Manager Mark Lee said: “To remind people of our value for money we’re launching this special […]
Expatriates renewing their residence visas in Dubai will have to shell out an extra Dh300 for the health card that is now compulsory. Asma Ali Zain of Khaleej Times reports that according to this new rule, implemented from December 1, 2008, residents now have to pay a total of Dh550 instead of the Dh250 charged […]
The Westin Dubai Hotel has just launched a weekly competition to promote the upcoming Dubai Marathon on Facebook! You can become a fan of the page and participate to win prizes. Check this on Facebook From Dubai Expat Diaries
Government sector in UAE will have 10-day holiday from December 2 to December 11 to mark UAE National Day (December 2) and Eid Al Adha. Private sector will have 3-day holiday (December 9,10,11) for Eid Al Adha, while they all get one day off on December 2 for National Day Celebrations. Wishing a very happy […]
Dubai has felt the heat of global recession and at least property and real estate sectors are already in downsizing mode. Nakheel, Dubai’s real estate master developer, made 500 people (or 15 per cent of its global workforce) redundant while scaling back projects. This is the second biggest confirmed job cut in the UAE so […]
As mentioned earlier, one of the potiential usage of Emirates ID Card, mentioned by EIDA, is that it can be used as Health Card. However, those who have yet to get the ID Card can continue using existing Health Card.
Yeah, as confusing as it may sound, that’s how it is. Darwish Ahmad Al Zarouni, Director-General of the EIDA, says, “We will announce the time frame for new categories of expatriates on February 1, 2009, but the registration will continue (for the existing category) throughout the month of January.” This means that EIDA has not […]
EIDA Staff processing Emirates ID Card applications have been given anger management training, amongst other trainings, to deal with rush of frustrated expatriates trying to register before the deadline of December 31, 2008. During a radio interview, Thamer al Qasemi, the planning director at the Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA), pleaded for people to be patient […]
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? July 19, 2019
- RTA launches WhatsApp service to alert Dubai motorists about traffic fines July 18, 2019
- Thar Mart Scam: Fake Employer in UAE Cheating Job Seekers July 16, 2019
- How to get job in Dubai Hotels? July 15, 2019
- Expat Health Insurance in Dubai July 9, 2019
- Top Dubai Municipality Apps July 6, 2019
- Tourists in Dubai to get a free mobile SIM July 6, 2019
- UAE to offer 100% business ownership outside freezones July 3, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? July 19, 2019
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai June 19, 2019
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...
- Ismail: How we will get cheap to pakistan from the five s...
- Masud: How I’ll get cheap calling price to bangladesh f...