Another shopping festival has started in Dubai and the malls, already affected by looming downturn, lure taxi drivers by offering cash incentives as an attempt to enhance customer service to shriking shoppers. Khaleej Times reports Deira City Centre recently took an initiative to woo reluctant taxi drivers by giving them Dh10 in instant cash. The […]
Banks in Dubai are now acting up to control losses accumulated due to easy lending policies. In the wake of expats unable to pay their loans, dumping their cars, and fleeing Dubai, banks are raising credit limits for car and home loans. Arabian Business reports Emirates NBD, the largest bank in the Middle East, has […]
While the media in Dubai (and UAE) follows strict protocol of not revealing information that might harm the reputation of “glowing economy” of UAE, some bits and pieces of “real” news slip out of the net. Khaleej Times referred to a recent incidents where scores of expats dumped their vehicles in Dubai and flew back […]
Government, in UAE, works in strange ways. In past few weeks we have seen the mayhem and chaos Emirates ID Card registration has created, especially in the expat community. Recent confusion is created by Rera, Dubai’s Real Estate Regulatory Authority. At end of last year Rera announced the launch of Ejari, its online tenancy registration […]
Villa prices at Jumeirah Park and Jumeirah Islands, Nakheel’s exclusive residential developments in Dubai, have plunged up to 45 percent in the last four months. Brokers across the UAE said speculators were desperately scrambling to off-load property before prices fell further. Imran Aslam, agent at Dubai-based property broker AAA said completed three to four bedroom […]
Getting a taxi in Dubai is not for the faint of heart. Sometimes you have run for a taxi, wave and shout like crazy and even pick a fight for it. But now things are changings. Recession has its effect on Taxi as people are preferring the bus or a walk to cut costs. As […]
His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, ordered all hotels in Dubai to cancel their new year celebrations. The order is issued as an act of solidarity with the Palestinian people. Eexecutives of hotels and event companies in Dubai, including Burj Al Arab, […]
Starting from next year all kinds of visas can be applied online. However, all online visa applications must be accompanied by photos of the applicants. In order to sort out the issue with companies, DNRD organised a workshop this week for 600 representatives of firms in Dubai. This is an intelligent move by DNRD and […]
After tall claims and stern warnings, EIDA’s fall short in achieving the impossible. UAE government has extended deadline for Emirates ID Card registration for nationals by 3 months. A UAE Interior Ministry statement said: Citizens who were unable to register “for identity card will have sufficient time to register before fines can be imposed”, The […]
Dubai’s Real Estate Regulatory Authority (Rera) has launched an Online Tenancy Registration website called Ejari, meaning ‘my rent’ in Arabic. Ejari is launched to resolve rent and tenancy related disputes between tenant and landlord, as well as to help Rera gauge the rental market. Rera recently urged tenants and landlords through an advertisement campaign to […]
- How to pay Traffic Fines in Dubai without visiting Traffic Department February 20, 2019
- Achieving the Right Work-life Balance in Dubai February 16, 2019
- Top 10 Most Demanding Jobs In Dubai February 12, 2019
- How to benefit from Dubai Police Traffic Fine Discounts February 11, 2019
- How to become a successful HR Manager in Dubai February 8, 2019
- Driving in Dubai without a license February 4, 2019
- Dog Walking in Dubai January 31, 2019
- RTA launches daily bus service from Muscat to Dubai January 30, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? January 2, 2019
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai November 28, 2018
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...
- Ismail: How we will get cheap to pakistan from the five s...
- Masud: How I’ll get cheap calling price to bangladesh f...