Arabian Park Hotel in Dubai is offering free food to UAE residents who have recently lost their jobs. This free services for the victims of the credit crunch is available from Dcember 15, 2008 to January 15, 2009, General Manager Mark Lee said: “To remind people of our value for money we’re launching this special […]
Expatriates renewing their residence visas in Dubai will have to shell out an extra Dh300 for the health card that is now compulsory. Asma Ali Zain of Khaleej Times reports that according to this new rule, implemented from December 1, 2008, residents now have to pay a total of Dh550 instead of the Dh250 charged […]
The Westin Dubai Hotel has just launched a weekly competition to promote the upcoming Dubai Marathon on Facebook! You can become a fan of the page and participate to win prizes. Check this on Facebook From Dubai Expat Diaries
Government sector in UAE will have 10-day holiday from December 2 to December 11 to mark UAE National Day (December 2) and Eid Al Adha. Private sector will have 3-day holiday (December 9,10,11) for Eid Al Adha, while they all get one day off on December 2 for National Day Celebrations. Wishing a very happy […]
Dubai has felt the heat of global recession and at least property and real estate sectors are already in downsizing mode. Nakheel, Dubai’s real estate master developer, made 500 people (or 15 per cent of its global workforce) redundant while scaling back projects. This is the second biggest confirmed job cut in the UAE so […]
As mentioned earlier, one of the potiential usage of Emirates ID Card, mentioned by EIDA, is that it can be used as Health Card. However, those who have yet to get the ID Card can continue using existing Health Card.
Yeah, as confusing as it may sound, that’s how it is. Darwish Ahmad Al Zarouni, Director-General of the EIDA, says, “We will announce the time frame for new categories of expatriates on February 1, 2009, but the registration will continue (for the existing category) throughout the month of January.” This means that EIDA has not […]
EIDA Staff processing Emirates ID Card applications have been given anger management training, amongst other trainings, to deal with rush of frustrated expatriates trying to register before the deadline of December 31, 2008. During a radio interview, Thamer al Qasemi, the planning director at the Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA), pleaded for people to be patient […]
Abra is a traditional boat made of wood, used to transport people across Dubai Creek in Dubai. A medium-sized single-engine craft with a capacity of about 20 passengers, it is driven by a single operator from a sort of cockpit stepped in the center of the hull. The short platform around the cockpit, sheltered by […]
Amlak Finance PJSC and Tamweel PJSC, the two leading UAE real estate finance providers, will be merged into a new entity under the umbrella of the Real Estate Bank (a government owned entity). – The Real Estate Bank (REB) was founded in 1990 to support the building sector and provide appropriate housing for UAE citizens […]
- How to get job in Dubai Hotels? May 20, 2018
- Expat Health Insurance in Dubai May 16, 2018
- Top Dubai Municipality Apps May 12, 2018
- Dubai Job Market and Working in Dubai May 8, 2018
- New Tunnel opens on Shaikh Rashid Street May 3, 2018
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai May 1, 2018
- How to find a job in Dubai April 24, 2018
- Expat Guide to Moving to Dubai from UK April 17, 2018
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? November 10, 2017
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai April 10, 2018
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Zaki: How I'll get cheap calling price to Pakistan from...
- Islam A. Mohammed: thanks a lot , if one company accept me through a...
- Shoaib Baig: I think shame on this employer, who have hired suc...
- henry: Great work. It will really be a great event....
- christine amendi: thanks so much for the information There a certain...
- javaria hanif: Thank you for all this information that is really ...
- SHI: I have send AED.200 through Mashreq Snapp to India...
- Gopalan Vasudevan: I am experiencing poor customer service from Mashr...