Government sector in UAE will have 10-day holiday from December 2 to December 11 to mark UAE National Day (December 2) and Eid Al Adha. Private sector will have 3-day holiday (December 9,10,11) for Eid Al Adha, while they all get one day off on December 2 for National Day Celebrations. Wishing a very happy […]
Dubai has felt the heat of global recession and at least property and real estate sectors are already in downsizing mode. Nakheel, Dubai’s real estate master developer, made 500 people (or 15 per cent of its global workforce) redundant while scaling back projects. This is the second biggest confirmed job cut in the UAE so […]
Amongst other things, Dubai is famous for its food. From Italian to Chinese, Continental, Indian, Pakistani, Mexican, Lebanese, Persian, Traditional Arabic and African outlets, numerous hotels, restaurants, cafes and eateries make food selection quite a task. In Dubai, eating out is not an issue but one may get confused in selection of the best outlet, […]
As mentioned earlier, one of the potiential usage of Emirates ID Card, mentioned by EIDA, is that it can be used as Health Card. However, those who have yet to get the ID Card can continue using existing Health Card.
Yeah, as confusing as it may sound, that’s how it is. Darwish Ahmad Al Zarouni, Director-General of the EIDA, says, “We will announce the time frame for new categories of expatriates on February 1, 2009, but the registration will continue (for the existing category) throughout the month of January.” This means that EIDA has not […]
EIDA Staff processing Emirates ID Card applications have been given anger management training, amongst other trainings, to deal with rush of frustrated expatriates trying to register before the deadline of December 31, 2008. During a radio interview, Thamer al Qasemi, the planning director at the Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA), pleaded for people to be patient […]
Well, Yateem means Orphan in Arabic as well as in Urdu. I thought it to be a starange name for a Group of Companies, established in 1910 and operating in the Gulf, including UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait. Now, I won’t mind visiting a Yateem Optician, for pity’s sake at least. Image: […]
Abra is a traditional boat made of wood, used to transport people across Dubai Creek in Dubai. A medium-sized single-engine craft with a capacity of about 20 passengers, it is driven by a single operator from a sort of cockpit stepped in the center of the hull. The short platform around the cockpit, sheltered by […]
Amlak Finance PJSC and Tamweel PJSC, the two leading UAE real estate finance providers, will be merged into a new entity under the umbrella of the Real Estate Bank (a government owned entity). – The Real Estate Bank (REB) was founded in 1990 to support the building sector and provide appropriate housing for UAE citizens […]
Taxi passengers in Dubai will no longer have to pay the Salik road toll. The Roads and Transport Authority said the move was part of a series of initiatives aimed at improving taxi services. Passengers currently have to pay the Dh4 Salik toll every time they pass under a gate.
- Nom Nom Asia Restaurant offers Free Food to the Unemployed in Dubai January 20, 2017
- Mirdif community comes of age with Mirdif Hills freehold development January 19, 2017
- Thumbay Hospital to offer free consultation during Happy Hour January 13, 2017
- Travellers Beware: Dubai Airport limits hand carry luggage to 10 kgs only December 31, 2016
- Makani enabled on 4,500 Dubai taxis December 29, 2016
- Top Places To Eat on New Year in Dubai December 24, 2016
- Places to watch New Year Fireworks in Dubai December 24, 2016
- Dubai Taxis to have CCTV Cameras to watch the Drivers December 10, 2016
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? June 17, 2013
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai May 21, 2013
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City January 6, 2011
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands December 9, 2014
- christine amendi: thanks so much for the information There a certain...
- javaria hanif: Thank you for all this information that is really ...
- SHI: I have send AED.200 through Mashreq Snapp to India...
- Gopalan Vasudevan: I am experiencing poor customer service from Mashr...
- Alex: I apply for personal loan for my wedding 2 months ...
- Anish: This is a very bad bank. In terms of service and b...
- UMUKORO GODDAY: THESE IS A GOOD ONE, I HAVE BEE APPLY ONLINE BUT N...
- Salman: I was dealing with Mashreq Bank only for 3 to 4 mo...