Khaliji: Common Gulf Currency to be launched in 2010. The Gulf common currency is just 12 months away. Economists at the Dubai International Financial Centre have tentatively named the new common currency the “Khaliji”. Although the baptism is not yet officially approved, DIFC economists are hopeful that the proposed name will find favour with the […]
Police will soon install radars every two kilometres on the roads in addition to mobile radars to deter speeding and reckless motorists and protect road users. So far 90 new digital radars are installed on several internal roads and highways in Dubai including, 30 radars on Shaikh Zayed Road, 22 radars on Dubai-Al Ain Road, […]
About 3,000 Filipinos out of the 300,000 in the UAE lost their jobs in one month because of the global financial crisis. The real estate, architecture, design engineering and marketing sectors were the hardest hit. This compares well against 6,050 new job contracts approved for the same period of November. Currently, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and […]
Global Village is what the name suggests, a village erected in Dubailand on Emirates Road representing more than 30 nations of the world. At Global Village one can observe diversified cultures and traditions, from Asia, Europe and Africa. This year Global Village is happening from 12 November, 2008 to 21 February, 2009. Directions adn pavilion […]
As noted earlier, due to failure in meeting its targets, EIDA has extended the registration deadline for professional expatriates from December 31, 2008 to February 28, 2009. However they are still playing with words, saying they have rescheduled the dates for ID card registration. Now the registration of expatriates working in the government sector and […]
As noted earlier, Arabian Park Hotel in Dubai offered free meal to redundancy victims in Dubai. The offer started from December 15. However, according to Arabian Business, only one person turned up on the first day to avail the free meal offer. “We’ve not had as high an interest rate as I would have hoped […]
Dubai International Airport doubled parking prices for some time slots, a move that has not been received well by residents. Parking B in terminal 1 remains the lowest-priced parking in the airport, but it has also seen a significant increase. Those parking their vehicles in parking B will have to pay Dh5 for half an […]
Deira Clock Tower stands at the gateway of Maktoum Bridge, first permanent structure to straddle Dubai Creek, providing a vital link between Bur Dubai and Deira. One of Dubai’s oldest landmarks, the Clock Tower was reconstructed in 1989. The steel reinforcements used to build the tower had corroded as concrete had not been used in […]
EIDA officials are still presistent that there will be no change in December 31 deadline and Dhs 1,000 fine will be imposed on Emiratis unable to register for their ID cards by the deadline. Target for December 31, 2008: – Emiratis 825,000 – Expatriate Professionals 600,000 Registration completed by November 30, 2008: – Emiratis 596,000 […]
Arabian Park Hotel in Dubai is offering free food to UAE residents who have recently lost their jobs. This free services for the victims of the credit crunch is available from Dcember 15, 2008 to January 15, 2009, General Manager Mark Lee said: “To remind people of our value for money we’re launching this special […]
- Dubai Typing Centers not accepting Medical Test applications June 5, 2017
- Ramadan Fridge Sharing Initiative is back in Dubai May 28, 2017
- Emaar Malls acuquired 51 percent stake in Namshi online fashion retailer May 25, 2017
- VAT begins to roll in Dubai, 100% tax on tobacco products and energy drinks May 25, 2017
- Auto Insurance in Dubai now costs 15% more May 7, 2017
- Mothers beware! you’re feeding your family junk May 3, 2017
- Pictures of development work on Expo 2020 Metro Station April 4, 2017
- List of Traffic Fines in Dubai March 30, 2017
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? June 17, 2013
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai May 21, 2013
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City January 6, 2011
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands December 9, 2014
- Shoaib Baig: I think shame on this employer, who have hired suc...
- henry: Great work. It will really be a great event....
- christine amendi: thanks so much for the information There a certain...
- javaria hanif: Thank you for all this information that is really ...
- SHI: I have send AED.200 through Mashreq Snapp to India...
- Gopalan Vasudevan: I am experiencing poor customer service from Mashr...
- Alex: I apply for personal loan for my wedding 2 months ...
- Anish: This is a very bad bank. In terms of service and b...