The UAE Cabinet has decided to update visa rules related to labor visa, tourist visas and visas for widowed and divorced women.
Salient features of new UAE Visa Rules:
Residence Visa Extension for Widows and Divorced Women:
- Widows and divorced women will get a one-year residency extension without the need for a sponsor.
- The residency visa extension is for only for one year, starting from the date of death or divorce. It also covers their children living in the UAE
- The authority will levy a fee of Dh100 for canceling the previous visa and a fee of Dh100 for one-year residency visa.
Renewal of visitor and tourist visas:
- Visitors and tourists can also apply for a new entry visa after the expiry of the first one, without the need to leave the country.
- Visitors and tourists can renew their visit visas twice for 30 days, against Dh600 each.
- In case of violations, visitors and tourists will have to pay a Dh100 per day, starting from 10 days after the expiry of their visas.
Applications for all facilities can be submitted online via e-channel, Tas’heel offices and residency departments across the country.