UAE authorities have decided to update Visa rules that will greatly benefit job seekers and transit passengers.
New UAE Visa Rules
Free 48 hours Transit visa
- Transit passengers will be exempted from entry fees for the first 48 hours.
- Transit visa can be extended for up to 96 hours for a fee of only Dh50.
- Obtaining transit visa will be facilitated by a number of express counter at the passport-control hall across UAE airports.
Visa for overstayed job seekers
- A new 6-month visa will be introduced for job seekers who overstayed their visa but wish to work in the country.
- Individuals who entered the UAE illegally will have the chance to leave voluntarily with a “no entry” stamp for two years given that they provide a valid return ticket.
- Individuals wishing to adjust or renew their visa can now do so for a fee without having to leave and re-enter the country. This was previously available for the Free Zone visa holders.
No More 3,000 AED guarantee for Labor Visas
- A new insurance scheme for workers’ guarantees has been introduced. The previous mandatory deposit of Dh3,000 per worker is now replaced by a new insurance scheme that cost only Dh60 annually per worker.