According to new rules revealed by the authorities, Indian expats applying for passports have to submit their applications online before visiting the application processing centers.
Online application was made mandatory for Indians living in Dubai and other five emirates under the jurisdiction of the consulate.
The applications for passport services have to be submitted on the portal of Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates at https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/
The aim of Passport Seva is to issue chip-based electronic passports and to eliminate paperwork and cut down the time for issuing passports.
Steps to seek Indian passport services in UAE:
1. Visit: https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in – the portal for “Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates.”
2. Select the country United Arab Emirates
3. Do one time registration by clicking the link ‘Register’ and create a user ID.
4. Login using the newly created user ID. This will take the applicant to his/her Home Page
5. Click on the link “Apply for Ordinary Passport/Emergency Certificate/Police Clearance Certificate/Surrender of Indian Passport/Diplomatic Passport/Official Passport” to file a new application
6. Fill in the application form and submit it
7. After submitting the form online, take a print out of the application.
8. Affix photo at the designated place
9. Submit the printout along with required documents and prescribed fee at the nearest BLS Centre.
? The application has to be signed before the submission officer at BLS