It is said that Dubai is a land of opportunities. Everyday thousands of expatriates land in Dubai with dreams of getting on a job, starting a business or generate money in some way. While there are plenty of jobs in Dubai, not all are dream jobs. In fact, most employers waste no effort to exploit […]
Tag Archives | Sharjah
Motorists in Dubai and Sharjah are paying as much as double for Salik tolls after the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) removed the daily Dh24 cap. The cap, which had been in place since Salik began in 2007, meant motorists would be charged for a maximum of six trips, irrespective of how many more trips they made. But the RTA scrapped the cap on July 15. […]
The Roads and Transport of Authority has announced the temporary closure of Shindagha Tunnel over the weekend for maintenance reasons. A part of the tunnel, heading from Bur Dubai to Deira, will be closed to traffic from Friday, June 28 at midnight until 5am on Sunday, June 30. In an official correspondence, the RTA has […]
Commuters traveling between Dubai and Sharjah through Dubai Bus can now pay through their Nol Cards as RTA has expanded the Unified Automated Fair Collection system network. Commuters can now save their time and effort spent while standing in long queues to make payment for trips to other emirates, particularly to Sharjah, as they can […]
Five new public bus routes have been launched in Dubai while four others have been revised. The new public bus routes in Dubai are: – Route 84, which starts at Al Khail Gate in Al Quoz and ends at Mina Siyahi via Mall of the Emirates. – Route 366 moves off Rashidiya Metro station and […]
Government of Dubai initiated another step for revenue generation, on the cost of other emirates, of course. It is announced that fines issued by Sharjah Municipality on vehicles licensed by the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) will now be collected by the Dubai-based Authority. The money collected will be transmitted electronically to the bank account […]
People of Dubai are quite excited about upcoming launch of Dubai Metro. Some consider it as a refreshing alternate to traffic-clogged buses and overcharging taxis, while others take it as an attractive addition to Dubai landscape, allowing commuters to access far reached places with far more conveniently than currently possible. The Metro station named City […]
Here is another news that defies government’s claims of “everything under control” and shows that even the government is feeling the impact of downturn and recession. It is reported that more than 300 workers who are employed by a government department RTA in Dubai have claimed that they have not been paid for several months. […]
While the media in Dubai (and UAE) follows strict protocol of not revealing information that might harm the reputation of “glowing economy” of UAE, some bits and pieces of “real” news slip out of the net. Khaleej Times referred to a recent incidents where scores of expats dumped their vehicles in Dubai and flew back […]
Getting a taxi in Dubai is not for the faint of heart. Sometimes you have run for a taxi, wave and shout like crazy and even pick a fight for it. But now things are changings. Recession has its effect on Taxi as people are preferring the bus or a walk to cut costs. As […]
- Top 10 Most Demanding Jobs In Dubai June 1, 2020
- How to become a successful HR Manager in Dubai May 30, 2020
- Forex Trading in Dubai May 26, 2020
- Driving in Dubai without a license May 24, 2020
- Dog Walking in Dubai May 20, 2020
- Expat Guide: How to Effectively Manage Cost of Living in Dubai May 18, 2020
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member May 16, 2020
- CouponzGuru Celebrates Their Arrival in UAE May 14, 2020
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? April 21, 2020
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai March 29, 2020
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...