It is now reported that the Emirates ID Card will soon replace the Labor Card – the expected date for this is somewhere in June 2012. Saqr Gobash Saeed Gobash, Minister of Labour, has said that the decision would be implemented as soon as the Emirates National Identity Authority (Eida) was sure that all expatriates […]
Tag Archives | Saqr Gobash
Saqr Gobash, the Minister of Labour, has recently stated that the number of foreign workers in the UAE stood at 3.8 million in 2010. Out of the total only 266,000 had University education while 2 million have no qualifications whatsoever. The expat-dominated UAE population was estimated to have grown to around 8.2 million by the […]
Private sector of UAE, already struggling with global recession and downturn, has been asked to create at least 20,000 jobs a year to cater for the jobless Emiratis. According to Saqr Gobash, Minister of Labour, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Development and Employment Authority of National Human Resources (Tanmia), there are at […]
As part of restructuring the Labor Laws in UAE, the Ministry of Labor has announced a set of parameters classifying private companies into categories besides setting up a fee structure for processing labor permits and related services. According to the news report, Minister of Labor Saqr Ghobash has classified the companies on the basis of: […]
According to Cabinet resolution No 25 of 2010 issued by Saqr Gobash, the Minister of Labor, laws related to Work Permit, Labor Card and Residence Visa have been modified, with effect from January 01, 2011. Once operational, the new rules will replace the current formalities of transfer of sponsorship for expatriate workers. – An employee […]
In an attempt to further cripple the companies operating in UAE, it is announced that residence visas / labor cards will be reduced to 2 years from January 2011. Currently the visas have to renewed every 3 years. The new regulations would bring all private sector workers in line with drivers and domestic helpers, who […]
- Top 10 Most Demanding Jobs In Dubai June 1, 2020
- How to become a successful HR Manager in Dubai May 30, 2020
- Forex Trading in Dubai May 26, 2020
- Driving in Dubai without a license May 24, 2020
- Dog Walking in Dubai May 20, 2020
- Expat Guide: How to Effectively Manage Cost of Living in Dubai May 18, 2020
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member May 16, 2020
- CouponzGuru Celebrates Their Arrival in UAE May 14, 2020
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? April 21, 2020
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai March 29, 2020
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...