Before 2008, Dubai was a real estate heaven. The property market was growing exponentially and it seemed at that time that there is no turning back. However, the property bubble bursted in 2009 and 2010 as real estate prices crashed by more than 50 percent, triggering a corporate debt crisis which unsettled financial markets around […]
Tag Archives | Recession
Private sector of UAE, already struggling with global recession and downturn, has been asked to create at least 20,000 jobs a year to cater for the jobless Emiratis. According to Saqr Gobash, Minister of Labour, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Development and Employment Authority of National Human Resources (Tanmia), there are at […]
Amidst the rumors of recession and global downturn, multi-billion dirhams infrastructure projects are on full swing in Dubai. Three major road projects worth Dh2.9 billion were approved recently by His Highness Shaikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. Also, work has begun to expand the […]
It has now been confirmed that what was quoted by Dubai Police Chief was not a mis-interpretation, as suggested by some media articles, but something that has been considered to be implemented as a Law in Dubai. National Human Resource Development and Employment Authority (Tanmia) has submitted a draft proposal to the Ministry of Labour […]
Banks in Dubai are now acting up to control losses accumulated due to easy lending policies. In the wake of expats unable to pay their loans, dumping their cars, and fleeing Dubai, banks are raising credit limits for car and home loans. Arabian Business reports Emirates NBD, the largest bank in the Middle East, has […]
While the media in Dubai (and UAE) follows strict protocol of not revealing information that might harm the reputation of “glowing economy” of UAE, some bits and pieces of “real” news slip out of the net. Khaleej Times referred to a recent incidents where scores of expats dumped their vehicles in Dubai and flew back […]
Villa prices at Jumeirah Park and Jumeirah Islands, Nakheel’s exclusive residential developments in Dubai, have plunged up to 45 percent in the last four months. Brokers across the UAE said speculators were desperately scrambling to off-load property before prices fell further. Imran Aslam, agent at Dubai-based property broker AAA said completed three to four bedroom […]
Arabian Park Hotel in Dubai is offering free food to UAE residents who have recently lost their jobs. This free services for the victims of the credit crunch is available from Dcember 15, 2008 to January 15, 2009, General Manager Mark Lee said: “To remind people of our value for money we’re launching this special […]
- The Ultimate Guide to find best movers in Dubai April 13, 2021
- How to work part time in Dubai April 11, 2021
- How to pay Traffic Fines in Dubai without visiting Traffic Department April 8, 2021
- Top 10 Most Demanding Jobs In Dubai April 6, 2021
- How to become a successful HR Manager in Dubai April 4, 2021
- Forex Trading in Dubai April 2, 2021
- How to obtain your trade license in UAE March 31, 2021
- Driving in Dubai without a license March 31, 2021
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? March 10, 2021
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai February 22, 2021
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...