Ministry of Labor, UAE has announced a set of new Labor Laws, to come in effect from January 1, 2016. Ministerial Decrees 764, 765 and 766 pave the way for improved labour relations by securing more stable practices governed by regulations that protect workers who are legally sponsored to enter the UAE. New UAE Labor […]
Tag Archives | Labor Laws
Saqr Gobash, the Minister of Labour, has recently stated that the number of foreign workers in the UAE stood at 3.8 million in 2010. Out of the total only 266,000 had University education while 2 million have no qualifications whatsoever. The expat-dominated UAE population was estimated to have grown to around 8.2 million by the […]
Students on university sponsorship can now legally work part-time upon receiving a permit from the Ministry of Labour under a new decree issued as part of the UAE Labour Law. The new part-time work permit regulation went into effect this year and is aimed at protecting student rights to stop employers exploiting them, said a […]
In a bid to further tighten the Emiratization policy, Ministry of Labor has clarified hat it will not deal with large companies that don’t have UAE nationals as their representatives. Humaid bin Deemas, executive secretary of the ministry said that The ministry would also ensure that the Emirati representative is genuine, and not employed to […]
Expatriates in the UAE have been given an additional five years of service with the Ministry of Labor revising the retirement age from 60 to 65. The ministry had last week announced the decision to reduce the validity of labor cards to two years from three, starting from January 1, 2011. This practically gives expat […]
As part of restructuring the Labor Laws in UAE, the Ministry of Labor has announced a set of parameters classifying private companies into categories besides setting up a fee structure for processing labor permits and related services. According to the news report, Minister of Labor Saqr Ghobash has classified the companies on the basis of: […]
- How to pay Traffic Fines in Dubai without visiting Traffic Department September 13, 2019
- Achieving the Right Work-life Balance in Dubai September 10, 2019
- Exploring Ras al Khaimah September 7, 2019
- Dubai Police issued warnings to drive carefully in School Zones September 4, 2019
- Top 10 Most Demanding Jobs In Dubai September 3, 2019
- How to become a successful HR Manager in Dubai August 31, 2019
- RTA launches e-hailing service Hala with Careem, Phone booking for Dubai Taxis to stop soon August 31, 2019
- Forex Trading in Dubai August 28, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? July 19, 2019
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai June 19, 2019
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Goodness Adibe: Apart from hotels, some girls use their monthly re...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...
- Ismail: How we will get cheap to pakistan from the five s...