Dubai Metro services between Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) and Ibn Batuta stations will be suspended from January 5, 2018 until mid-2019 to carry out metro expansion work. Construction work on the 15km-long Route 2020, an extension of the Dubai Metro’s Red Line connecting Nakheel Harbour and Towers station with the Expo 2020 site, began late […]
Tag Archives | Dubai Metro
Development work on Expo 2020 Metro station has commenced. Expo 2020 Metro station is announced to be largest metro station in Dubai. In June 2016, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) awarded by the contract worth AED10.6 billion for Route 2020 to Expolink, a consortium of French, Spanish and Turkish companies. The Expo station design […]
Dubai has announced plans to buy more trains for Dubai Metro to keep up with growth in the number of metro users in the lead up to hosting Expo 2020. The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) is also planning to broaden the metro network to reach 16 new districts of Dubai, while improving the service […]
Eid is the time of festivity and celebrations and Eid in Dubai, the city that never sleeps, is full of fun and excitement activities to indulge into during the Eid holidays. On the occasion of Eid Al Adha 2014, Government of UAE has announced a 3 day holiday for private sector and a 4 day […]
RTA recently hiked minimum balance stored in Nol Cards. This has left many commuters, especially those who travel in Dubai Metro, high and dry. The RTA has recently announced that, to avoid journey interruptions, passengers need to ensure their card has at least Dh5.80 left, which is more than double the minimum fare. Transport fares […]
As a part of Dh184 million project, which was announced by His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, six Dubai Metro stations will be transformed into museums of art and culture. The work will be performed in collaboration between the Roads and Transport […]
Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced an ambitious residential project, Union Oasis, that will be linked directly to Dubai Metro. Abdul Reda Abu Al Hassan, Director of Rail Planning and Projects Development of the Rail Agency at the RTA, said the project will be a mixed-use development spanning 19,000 square metres around the […]
Dubai Metro will see a massive expansion on both Red and Green Lines with work expected to begin as early as next year. The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has finalised plans to extend the Red Line from Rashidiya to Mirdif, to go with its earlier plan to extend the Green Line from Al Jaddaf […]
More space is being provided for female commuters of Dubai Metro with the rising demand and changing pattern of ridership, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced. With the current women-only compartment being insufficient, RTA has moved to add half a cabin for women during peak hours. The total number of cars on the […]
Cycle tracks stretching 850 kilometres across the length and breadth of Dubai will be built over the next few years as the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) goes all out to encourage residents to use an eco-friendly and healthy means of transport. Encouraged by increasing demand for more cycle tracks and the response received by […]
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member November 14, 2019
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai November 11, 2019
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai November 8, 2019
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai November 5, 2019
- List of Traffic Fines in Dubai October 27, 2019
- Top 10 mobile apps to download in Dubai October 24, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? October 21, 2019
- How to get job in Dubai Hotels? October 18, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? October 21, 2019
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai September 28, 2019
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Goodness Adibe: Apart from hotels, some girls use their monthly re...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...