Are you planning to rent a property in Dubai? Whether it is a villa, flat or bed space – rent negotiation is a skill every expat must acquire. Although there is too much supply and low demand but rents in Dubai fluctuate very frequently. Some say falling rents in Dubai is a myth. Gulf News […]
Tag Archives | Discovery Gardens
Dubai is hit by a record spell of thunderstorms, darkness and heavy rain. And, it’s not just Dubai. Rain and thunderstorms caused disruptions across the UAE today. Flights were cancelled, schools were closed early and residents in some areas were urged not to leave their homes or workplaces unless in a emergency. Police issued safety […]
Developer Nakheel is looking for ways to prevent a repeat of last month’s chaotic scenes when a burst pipe caused millions of gallons of water to flood streets and submerge cars in Discovery Gardens. According to Gulf News, Nakheel is working with Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa) and other bodies to try to find […]
Discovery Gardens is filled with sewage stench, making lives of residents as miserable as possible. The complaints are mainly from residents in the Contemporary area along Street 5, but others areas are also reportedly affected. Residents said the stench started roughly 10 to 15 days ago and follows similar complaints last summer. Garden sprinklers spraying […]
Dubai Municipality is pushing back its plans to charge all expat housing fees. Currently, the housing fee is imposed in some residential districts of Dubai. The authorities have planned to roll it out across the emirate by June 2012. However, a series of delays means only 65 percent of expats are currently being charged. Housing […]
Residents of Palm Jumeirah, Jumeirah Lakes Tower, International City and Discovery Gardens will start getting fines from March if they are found hanging clothes or having a barbecue on their balcony. Trakhees, the organisational arm of Ports, Customs and Free Zone Corporation, supervises residential communities, which also includes Jumeirah Heights, Jumeirah Village and Jebel Ali […]
Rents in the International City area of Dubai have slipped below AED15,000 a year for the first time, as prices in Dubai’s battered property market continue to fall. Several studios in the Nakheel development are available for as little as AED14,000 a year, although most landlords require potential tenants to pay the full amount in […]
The curse of “managed” properties reappeared as water has been disconnected to some buildings in Nakheel-run Discovery Gardens due to non-payment of Dewa bills. Emirates 24|7 quote the residents: “We have had no water for three days now. We called the Nakheel call centre and were told the [Nakheel] management was working to solve the […]
Residents of two apartment blocks in Discovery Gardens have been receiving Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa) bills that actually belong to someone else. The Dewa bills in question have the wrong building number, wrong premise number and even wrong water and electricity meter numbers. Thus, a tenant receives a bill each month with his […]
Jumeirah Beach Residence (also known as JBR) is a 1.7 kilometre long, 2 million square metre gross floor area waterfront community located in Dubai Marina. It is the largest single phase residential development in the world and contains 40 towers (36 are residential and 4 are hotels) . JBR’s capacity is about 10.000 people living […]
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member November 14, 2019
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai November 11, 2019
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai November 8, 2019
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai November 5, 2019
- List of Traffic Fines in Dubai October 27, 2019
- Top 10 mobile apps to download in Dubai October 24, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? October 21, 2019
- How to get job in Dubai Hotels? October 18, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? October 21, 2019
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai September 28, 2019
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Goodness Adibe: Apart from hotels, some girls use their monthly re...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...