The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) is the sole provider of electricity, water and sewerage in Dubai. Whether you are a tenant or owner of a property, you have to deal with DEWA to get access to the facilities for your property. Please see below application process and list of required documents. There is […]
Tag Archives | DEWA
Here is a list of top 10 mobile apps to download in Dubai. 1. mParking Don’t have any loose change on hand? Then just send a text message to 7275 and pay for parking via your cell phone. The format is quite simple: first enter your licence plate number, followed by your parking zone number […]
Dubai Municipality has doubled the sewerage fee for Dubai residents to one fils per gallon of water. The new fee will be charged from March 2015. The new rate means, for example, a monthly sewerage fee on 2,029 gallons of water — Dh10.15 — would double to Dh20.30. The Emiri decree has been issued by […]
Dubai Municipality has recently announced that now all expat residents of Dubai, living in rented and freehold residential properties in Dubai, have to pay the housing fees. This means all expat tenants are now charged five per cent of the rent of their housing units and owners of freehold residential properties are charged five per […]
Developer Nakheel is looking for ways to prevent a repeat of last month’s chaotic scenes when a burst pipe caused millions of gallons of water to flood streets and submerge cars in Discovery Gardens. According to Gulf News, Nakheel is working with Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa) and other bodies to try to find […]
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) has launched a new electronic service called “Move In, Move Out”. This service will allow its customers to register new accounts and finalise their settlement through Dewa’s website. The new campaign is designed specifically to make Dewa more accessible to its customers, who no longer have to go […]
Discovery Gardens is filled with sewage stench, making lives of residents as miserable as possible. The complaints are mainly from residents in the Contemporary area along Street 5, but others areas are also reportedly affected. Residents said the stench started roughly 10 to 15 days ago and follows similar complaints last summer. Garden sprinklers spraying […]
Residents of Emirates Cluster at Dubai International City have raised their concerns to the “psychological effects” of living close to a sewage treatment plant, complaining that it is making them ill. However, Gulf News reports that the Municipal officials of DEWA have rejected the claims made by the residents of Dubai International City. Residents of Dubai International […]
Dubai Municipality is pushing back its plans to charge all expat housing fees. Currently, the housing fee is imposed in some residential districts of Dubai. The authorities have planned to roll it out across the emirate by June 2012. However, a series of delays means only 65 percent of expats are currently being charged. Housing […]
Another sign that Dubai government has planned to cut on subsidies and passing on the budget deficit to residents. As Gulf News reports, Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council, issued a decision to approve limited revision of electricity and water tariff in the […]
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai November 11, 2019
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai November 8, 2019
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai November 5, 2019
- List of Traffic Fines in Dubai October 27, 2019
- Top 10 mobile apps to download in Dubai October 24, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? October 21, 2019
- How to get job in Dubai Hotels? October 18, 2019
- Expat Health Insurance in Dubai October 15, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? October 21, 2019
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai September 28, 2019
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Goodness Adibe: Apart from hotels, some girls use their monthly re...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...