According to data collected by an online marketplace, Deira, Silicon Oasis and Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) are the most cockroach-infested areas in Dubai while Bur Dubai, Dubai Marina and Al Barsha top the list of localities infested by bed bugs, according to the number of pest control calls made in the past 12 months. Gulf […]
Tag Archives | Bur Dubai
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced new parking rates and timings for all paid parking zones across Dubai. These tariffs are applicable from Saturday, May 28, 2016. Highlights of restructured paid parking policy in Dubai – The previous free parking hours from 1pm-4pm have been removed – Paid parking is in effect from […]
Shindagha tunnel, the second oldest crossing on Dubai Creek between Deira and Bur Dubai, is set to be replaced soon. Gulf News reports that the iconic tunnel, which is around 40 years old, is set to be replaced by a multi-lane bridge in the next few years. The tunnel’s life is 50 years and it […]
RTA has announced the completion of the construction of a 104-km cycling tracks in various parts of Dubai as part of the Dubai Bicycle Master Plan. The plan is aimed at providing 850km of strategic bikeways in central business district areas and newly developed localities as suitable transit alternatives for cycling enthusiasts. The completed cycling […]
A local group has developed a smartphone game featuring Dubai – including landmarks such as the Burj Khalifa – and offering insights into the city’s history and lifestyle. The game, “Dubai Delivery”, is the first cultural logistics game based in the city and it allows people to manage a delivery service using a digital 3D […]
The Roads and Transport of Authority has announced the temporary closure of Shindagha Tunnel over the weekend for maintenance reasons. A part of the tunnel, heading from Bur Dubai to Deira, will be closed to traffic from Friday, June 28 at midnight until 5am on Sunday, June 30. In an official correspondence, the RTA has […]
Burjuman Mall in Bur Dubai is all set for Vox Cinemas and Carrefour hypermarket. Expansion work will start in January 2013 and is expected to last for 18 months. Tenants having shops in renovation area have been assigned to temporary locations in the new wing.
Back to School is usually fun. Not for some students with special needs. An Australian owner of well-known school for children with special needs in Dubai fled UAE with more than Dh1 million in tuition fees, leaving the families of the pupils in shock just days before the start of the new school year. Parents […]
Now public transport commuters travelling inside Central Business Districts (CBD) have to pay extra, as the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has realigned mobility zones in Dubai. With the launch of the Green Line, which runs through the heart of CBD, less than a month away, the expansion of zones from five to seven, metro […]
In order to force commuters to use the Metro, RTA is canceling some popular Bus routes across Dubai. The RTA’s Public Transport Agency which runs public buses, cancelled a number of bus routes in recent months, especially on routes which run parallel to the Metro line. However, the cancellation of some very popular bus services […]
- Driving in Dubai without a license October 22, 2020
- Dog Walking in Dubai October 20, 2020
- Expat Guide: How to Effectively Manage Cost of Living in Dubai October 18, 2020
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member October 16, 2020
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai October 14, 2020
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai October 12, 2020
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai October 10, 2020
- List of Traffic Fines in Dubai October 8, 2020
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? October 4, 2020
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai September 18, 2020
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...