Development work on Expo 2020 Metro station has commenced. Expo 2020 Metro station is announced to be largest metro station in Dubai. In June 2016, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) awarded by the contract worth AED10.6 billion for Route 2020 to Expolink, a consortium of French, Spanish and Turkish companies. The Expo station design […]
About Dubai Expat BlogDubai Expat Blog covers Life in Dubai with news and reviews on eating out, shopping, technology, transport, business and lifestyle. If you would like to share anything interesting related to Dubai, contact us here.
Author Archive | Dubai Expat Blog
Here is a full list of traffic fines in Dubai. Some of these fines are still in proposal mode, to be implemented soon. Traffic Fines in Dubai: Dangerous driving Dh2,000 23 black points 60-day vehicle confiscation Dangerous driving that damages public or private properties Dh2,000 23 black points 60-day vehicle confiscation Driving under influence of […]
Authorities in Dubai have announced new traffic laws, aiming to improve driving and road safety in Dubai. Updated traffic laws in Dubai Drivers will be fined Dh400 for each passenger who is found without a seatbelt inside the vehicle. Children under 10 years of age and any person less than 145cm in height will banned […]
Careem has started to offer booking of RTA operated Dubai Taxis through its app. Existing customers will see the new “Taxi” car type as an option and new users to Careem will need to download the app from their app store and register an account to get started. No credit card details are needed to […]
Parents are frustrated as private schools in Dubai are allowed to rise fee up to 4.8 per cent for the next academic year. The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) stated that the best-performing private schools in Dubai could raise their fees by up to 4.8 per cent. Many parents were disappointed because their already […]
UAE is considering a new entry visa system to attract highly qualified professionals and brilliant minds to the country to vitalise its various sectors. His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, announced about the new entry visa system through a tweet: Today I […]
Riding sharing service provider Careem has imposed a surcharge of AED3 per trip saying it will be passed directly to the RTA. The fee is applicable on both on-demand and pre-scheduled completed journeys and will be included on all passenger receipts labelled as ‘RTA fee’. The fee would not apply to RTA taxis booked through […]
Nom Nom Asia Restaurant, offering Chinese and Thai cuisine at Karama and Al Barsha, is offering free meals to the unemployed. Yes, you read it right. Free food for you if you are out on the streets in Dubai, looking for a job. However, Nom Nom Asia is not pushing this as Free Food. According […]
Dubai Investments Real Estate Company (DIRC) latest development, Mirdif Hills, is set to become one of the most popular residential communities in Dubai. The freehold mixed-use residential, commercial and retail development promises home owners a wide range of residential, shopping and services options upon completion. In recent years, reasonable rents and a growing volume of […]
All establishments under the Thumbay Hospital network, owned by Dubai-based conglomerate Thumbay Group, will offer free consultation, across all specialties, to patients during the “happy hour”. The initiative is in line with the efforts of Ohood Al Roumi, Minister of State for Happiness, and aims to contribute in achieving the ‘National Programme for Happiness & […]
- Pictures of development work on Expo 2020 Metro Station April 4, 2017
- List of Traffic Fines in Dubai March 30, 2017
- New Traffic Laws to Make Driving in Dubai More Safe March 25, 2017
- Careem to offer on demand Dubai Taxis February 27, 2017
- Parents frustrated as Dubai Schools allowed a fee hike February 26, 2017
- UAE planning entry visa system to attract top talent from the world February 7, 2017
- Careem Dubai imposes RTA Fee while RTA denies the hike January 24, 2017
- Nom Nom Asia Restaurant offers Free Food to the Unemployed in Dubai January 20, 2017
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? June 17, 2013
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai May 21, 2013
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City January 6, 2011
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands December 9, 2014
- henry: Great work. It will really be a great event....
- christine amendi: thanks so much for the information There a certain...
- javaria hanif: Thank you for all this information that is really ...
- SHI: I have send AED.200 through Mashreq Snapp to India...
- Gopalan Vasudevan: I am experiencing poor customer service from Mashr...
- Alex: I apply for personal loan for my wedding 2 months ...
- Anish: This is a very bad bank. In terms of service and b...
- UMUKORO GODDAY: THESE IS A GOOD ONE, I HAVE BEE APPLY ONLINE BUT N...