A massive fire, which erupted at the old Al Nasr Cinema in Dubai, has been brought under control, according to Civil Defence officials. The fire erupted around 4pm on Sunday and has been brought under control in about 20 minutes, said Lieutenant Colonel Rashid Falasi. The furniture and upholstery inside the building have been completely […]
Archive | Living in Dubai RSS feed for this section
In an interesting development regarding the Emirates ID Cards, a Federal National Council (FNC) committee has recommended that national identity cards be issued only to Emiratis rather than the entire population. The Emirates Identity Authority plans to issue five million of the cards to everyone living in the country. The cards could be necessary for […]
Traffic was backed up all morning on Shaikh Zayed Road on Friday after a water pipe burst and water blocked the Dubai-bound side of the road. According to police, the water pipe burst at around 8am. Shaikh Zayed Road was blocked from the Dubai Police Academy bridge to the Al Suqueim bridge near Al Manara. […]
Khaliji: Common Gulf Currency to be launched in 2010. The Gulf common currency is just 12 months away. Economists at the Dubai International Financial Centre have tentatively named the new common currency the “Khaliji”. Although the baptism is not yet officially approved, DIFC economists are hopeful that the proposed name will find favour with the […]
Police will soon install radars every two kilometres on the roads in addition to mobile radars to deter speeding and reckless motorists and protect road users. So far 90 new digital radars are installed on several internal roads and highways in Dubai including, 30 radars on Shaikh Zayed Road, 22 radars on Dubai-Al Ain Road, […]
Global Village is what the name suggests, a village erected in Dubailand on Emirates Road representing more than 30 nations of the world. At Global Village one can observe diversified cultures and traditions, from Asia, Europe and Africa. This year Global Village is happening from 12 November, 2008 to 21 February, 2009. Directions adn pavilion […]
As noted earlier, due to failure in meeting its targets, EIDA has extended the registration deadline for professional expatriates from December 31, 2008 to February 28, 2009. However they are still playing with words, saying they have rescheduled the dates for ID card registration. Now the registration of expatriates working in the government sector and […]
As noted earlier, Arabian Park Hotel in Dubai offered free meal to redundancy victims in Dubai. The offer started from December 15. However, according to Arabian Business, only one person turned up on the first day to avail the free meal offer. “We’ve not had as high an interest rate as I would have hoped […]
Dubai International Airport doubled parking prices for some time slots, a move that has not been received well by residents. Parking B in terminal 1 remains the lowest-priced parking in the airport, but it has also seen a significant increase. Those parking their vehicles in parking B will have to pay Dh5 for half an […]
Deira Clock Tower stands at the gateway of Maktoum Bridge, first permanent structure to straddle Dubai Creek, providing a vital link between Bur Dubai and Deira. One of Dubai’s oldest landmarks, the Clock Tower was reconstructed in 1989. The steel reinforcements used to build the tower had corroded as concrete had not been used in […]
- How to become a successful HR Manager in Dubai May 30, 2020
- Forex Trading in Dubai May 26, 2020
- Driving in Dubai without a license May 24, 2020
- Dog Walking in Dubai May 20, 2020
- Expat Guide: How to Effectively Manage Cost of Living in Dubai May 18, 2020
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member May 16, 2020
- CouponzGuru Celebrates Their Arrival in UAE May 14, 2020
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai May 10, 2020
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? April 21, 2020
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai March 29, 2020
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...