Parents are frustrated as private schools in Dubai are allowed to rise fee up to 4.8 per cent for the next academic year. The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) stated that the best-performing private schools in Dubai could raise their fees by up to 4.8 per cent. Many parents were disappointed because their already […]
Archive | Education RSS feed for this section
Education in Dubai to get dearer as 117 private schools will increase fees this year after approval from the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). This fee increase is applicable for the next academic year, which will start in April 2016 for Indian schools in Dubai and August 30 for other private schools in the […]
A change is always inevitable and if this change is dynamic, almost everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and gain as much advantage as they can. Do not blame traditional campus-based learning institutions globally, if they are too adapting to online learning and making the best use of internet to educate students through simpler […]
GEMS Winchester School in Oud Metha has announced that it will not be offering class 10 from next academic session. The school, which is located in Oud Metha, did offer affected pupils seats in two other GEMS schools — Winchester School in Sharjah and The Westminster School in Al Ghusais. But parents declined, saying that […]
Dubai American Scientific School closed by KHDA for knife-wielding pupils, unlicensed teachers and fee hikes
The Dubai American Scientific School in Al Quoz is closed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority for knife-wielding pupils, unlicensed teachers and charging double fees. The Dubai American Scientific School failed seven consecutive inspections by the education regulator, the Knowledge and Human Development Authority. On one occasion a fight broke out among pupils, one […]
Dubai’s Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) has announced that, from now on, parents and schools will have to sign on a legal contract. Titled the School Parent Contract, it will include “refund and admission policies, school fees, attendance and punctuality, as well as health and safety provision and transportation,” the KHDA said in a […]
Education in Dubai is no easy feat. The tuition fees and other charges keep rising, while the quality of education is either staying put or going down by the day. Not to mention the autocratic behavior of the administrators. Arabian Business has published story of an expat who has recently suffered from a school in […]
Consider this scenario. You visit your kid’s nursery and spot a teacher beating your son in the classroom. What you would do? Obviously, you will talk with school administartion. But what if they fail to take any action? You may decide to contact the parents you know whose wards are in the same school to […]
Back to School is usually fun. Not for some students with special needs. An Australian owner of well-known school for children with special needs in Dubai fled UAE with more than Dh1 million in tuition fees, leaving the families of the pupils in shock just days before the start of the new school year. Parents […]
Gems Education system Dubai is in another controversy. The Westminster School, a private British curriculum school in Al Ghusais run by Gems Education, has notified parents that it will charge Dh475 per subject for grades nine and higher, and Dh150 per subject for grade six in exam fees. One parent feared this meant grade nine […]
- How to get job in Dubai Hotels? May 20, 2018
- Expat Health Insurance in Dubai May 16, 2018
- Top Dubai Municipality Apps May 12, 2018
- Dubai Job Market and Working in Dubai May 8, 2018
- New Tunnel opens on Shaikh Rashid Street May 3, 2018
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai May 1, 2018
- How to find a job in Dubai April 24, 2018
- Expat Guide to Moving to Dubai from UK April 17, 2018
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? November 10, 2017
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai April 10, 2018
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Zaki: How I'll get cheap calling price to Pakistan from...
- Islam A. Mohammed: thanks a lot , if one company accept me through a...
- Shoaib Baig: I think shame on this employer, who have hired suc...
- henry: Great work. It will really be a great event....
- christine amendi: thanks so much for the information There a certain...
- javaria hanif: Thank you for all this information that is really ...
- SHI: I have send AED.200 through Mashreq Snapp to India...
- Gopalan Vasudevan: I am experiencing poor customer service from Mashr...