Parents are frustrated as private schools in Dubai are allowed to rise fee up to 4.8 per cent for the next academic year. The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) stated that the best-performing private schools in Dubai could raise their fees by up to 4.8 per cent. Many parents were disappointed because their already […]
Archive | Education RSS feed for this section
Education in Dubai to get dearer as 117 private schools will increase fees this year after approval from the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). This fee increase is applicable for the next academic year, which will start in April 2016 for Indian schools in Dubai and August 30 for other private schools in the […]
A change is always inevitable and if this change is dynamic, almost everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and gain as much advantage as they can. Do not blame traditional campus-based learning institutions globally, if they are too adapting to online learning and making the best use of internet to educate students through simpler […]
GEMS Winchester School in Oud Metha has announced that it will not be offering class 10 from next academic session. The school, which is located in Oud Metha, did offer affected pupils seats in two other GEMS schools — Winchester School in Sharjah and The Westminster School in Al Ghusais. But parents declined, saying that […]
Dubai American Scientific School closed by KHDA for knife-wielding pupils, unlicensed teachers and fee hikes
The Dubai American Scientific School in Al Quoz is closed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority for knife-wielding pupils, unlicensed teachers and charging double fees. The Dubai American Scientific School failed seven consecutive inspections by the education regulator, the Knowledge and Human Development Authority. On one occasion a fight broke out among pupils, one […]
Dubai’s Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) has announced that, from now on, parents and schools will have to sign on a legal contract. Titled the School Parent Contract, it will include “refund and admission policies, school fees, attendance and punctuality, as well as health and safety provision and transportation,” the KHDA said in a […]
Education in Dubai is no easy feat. The tuition fees and other charges keep rising, while the quality of education is either staying put or going down by the day. Not to mention the autocratic behavior of the administrators. Arabian Business has published story of an expat who has recently suffered from a school in […]
Consider this scenario. You visit your kid’s nursery and spot a teacher beating your son in the classroom. What you would do? Obviously, you will talk with school administartion. But what if they fail to take any action? You may decide to contact the parents you know whose wards are in the same school to […]
Back to School is usually fun. Not for some students with special needs. An Australian owner of well-known school for children with special needs in Dubai fled UAE with more than Dh1 million in tuition fees, leaving the families of the pupils in shock just days before the start of the new school year. Parents […]
Gems Education system Dubai is in another controversy. The Westminster School, a private British curriculum school in Al Ghusais run by Gems Education, has notified parents that it will charge Dh475 per subject for grades nine and higher, and Dh150 per subject for grade six in exam fees. One parent feared this meant grade nine […]
- Forex Trading in Dubai February 24, 2020
- Driving in Dubai without a license February 22, 2020
- Dog Walking in Dubai February 18, 2020
- Expat Guide: How to Effectively Manage Cost of Living in Dubai February 15, 2020
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member February 12, 2020
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai February 9, 2020
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai February 6, 2020
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai February 3, 2020
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? January 21, 2020
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai December 29, 2019
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Goodness Adibe: Apart from hotels, some girls use their monthly re...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...