Dubai Road and Transport Authority (RTA) is planning to launch an online joureny planner sytem in March 2009. According to Khaleej Times, the system will help passengers calculate the fares of the journey, and find the easiest and the fastest mode of transport to a particular destination and the changing points between buses. The system […]
Archive | Dubai Transport RSS feed for this section
Sharekni is car pooling website by RTA. It is an official attempt to ease traffic congestion and “legally” facilitate commuters for car pooling. Sharekni requires more promotion to get people acquainted to it. Currently most of the searches made on the site returns no results. Also, RTA has to soften its policies on car pooling […]
Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) launched an initiative that is going to ease travel expenses of recession-hit expatriates. According to Khaleej Times, The Public Transport Agency (PTA) of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) inaugurated the much-awaited Deluxe Coach bus service between Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Essa Al Dossari, the CEO of the PTA, […]
As if expats dumping their cars and fleeing credit liabilities in Dubai was not enough, a recent report by Khaleej Times highlights how some cheating expats have taken rent-a-car companies for ride. Rental companies have shared their frustatio and despair over clients damaging cars, not paying violation fees, and sometimes not returning the vehicles at […]
Getting a taxi in Dubai is not for the faint of heart. Sometimes you have run for a taxi, wave and shout like crazy and even pick a fight for it. But now things are changings. Recession has its effect on Taxi as people are preferring the bus or a walk to cut costs. As […]
Police will soon install radars every two kilometres on the roads in addition to mobile radars to deter speeding and reckless motorists and protect road users. So far 90 new digital radars are installed on several internal roads and highways in Dubai including, 30 radars on Shaikh Zayed Road, 22 radars on Dubai-Al Ain Road, […]
Dubai International Airport doubled parking prices for some time slots, a move that has not been received well by residents. Parking B in terminal 1 remains the lowest-priced parking in the airport, but it has also seen a significant increase. Those parking their vehicles in parking B will have to pay Dh5 for half an […]
Abra is a traditional boat made of wood, used to transport people across Dubai Creek in Dubai. A medium-sized single-engine craft with a capacity of about 20 passengers, it is driven by a single operator from a sort of cockpit stepped in the center of the hull. The short platform around the cockpit, sheltered by […]
Taxi passengers in Dubai will no longer have to pay the Salik road toll. The Roads and Transport Authority said the move was part of a series of initiatives aimed at improving taxi services. Passengers currently have to pay the Dh4 Salik toll every time they pass under a gate.
- Dubai Rent Guide April 15, 2021
- The Ultimate Guide to find best movers in Dubai April 13, 2021
- How to work part time in Dubai April 11, 2021
- How to pay Traffic Fines in Dubai without visiting Traffic Department April 8, 2021
- Top 10 Most Demanding Jobs In Dubai April 6, 2021
- How to become a successful HR Manager in Dubai April 4, 2021
- Forex Trading in Dubai April 2, 2021
- How to obtain your trade license in UAE March 31, 2021
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? March 10, 2021
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai February 22, 2021
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...