According to some reports, Dubai airport has limited hand carry luggage to 10 Kgs only. Apparently, many passengers were not informed in advance so they had to leave the excess hand luggage before passport control – making the day of those in waiting. A reddit user reports how he collected the loot consisting of 1 […]
Archive | Dubai Transport RSS feed for this section
Over 4,500 taxi cabs in Dubai are now linked with Makani, the new addressing system in Dubai. Makani, an Arabic word which means ‘my location’, uses a 10-digit number linked to a GPS coordinate. Makani is a satellite address system introduced by Dubai Municipality is accurate down to a metre and even shows the location […]
Dubai Taxi Corporation has planned to equip 1,500 taxis with CCTV cameras by the end of this year. The cameras will focus the driver only. Dr Yousif Al Ali, CEO of Dubai Taxi, clarified that the move is to only help the RTA to monitor the behavior of taxi drivers. None of the cameras will […]
Recently, Dubai residents have started to note, and complain, that taxis taken from the malls are bit steeper than taxis hailed on the streets. Responding to such reports, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has clarified that taxis in the malls are usually requested by mall managements from the call centre so call center charges […]
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced new parking rates and timings for all paid parking zones across Dubai. These tariffs are applicable from Saturday, May 28, 2016. Highlights of restructured paid parking policy in Dubai – The previous free parking hours from 1pm-4pm have been removed – Paid parking is in effect from […]
Commuters Beware! The Roads and Transport Authority has installed CCTV cameras in taxis as part of a pilot project to monitor the performance of drivers and for general security. The pilot phase is expected to last a few months and during this period feedback will be taken from drivers and passengers. The RTA is yet […]
Dubai has announced plans to buy more trains for Dubai Metro to keep up with growth in the number of metro users in the lead up to hosting Expo 2020. The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) is also planning to broaden the metro network to reach 16 new districts of Dubai, while improving the service […]
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) of Dubai is planning to launch a parking permit system for residents of the Emirates. The Type R parking permit system will be usable in non-paid parking zones overnight. The step is being taken in response to the recurrent spotting of vehicles coming from other areas using residential parking […]
Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) is planning to introduce a smart car rental system for the city’s metro stations, allowing people to hire a car on an hourly basis. The Smart Rental initiative will offer cars for hire for Dubai Metro users for a short period of time, of up to six hours, which […]
RTA has announced minimum Nol card balance for Dubai commuters using public transportation network. Commuters with Nol cards not meeting minimum fare requirements will be prohibited from traveling through Dubai Metro, Bus or Tram. This is the second time in current year when minimum balances on Nol card are changed. Previous hike came in August […]
- Nom Nom Asia Restaurant offers Free Food to the Unemployed in Dubai January 20, 2017
- Mirdif community comes of age with Mirdif Hills freehold development January 19, 2017
- Thumbay Hospital to offer free consultation during Happy Hour January 13, 2017
- Travellers Beware: Dubai Airport limits hand carry luggage to 10 kgs only December 31, 2016
- Makani enabled on 4,500 Dubai taxis December 29, 2016
- Top Places To Eat on New Year in Dubai December 24, 2016
- Places to watch New Year Fireworks in Dubai December 24, 2016
- Dubai Taxis to have CCTV Cameras to watch the Drivers December 10, 2016
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? June 17, 2013
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai May 21, 2013
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City January 6, 2011
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands December 9, 2014
- christine amendi: thanks so much for the information There a certain...
- javaria hanif: Thank you for all this information that is really ...
- SHI: I have send AED.200 through Mashreq Snapp to India...
- Gopalan Vasudevan: I am experiencing poor customer service from Mashr...
- Alex: I apply for personal loan for my wedding 2 months ...
- Anish: This is a very bad bank. In terms of service and b...
- UMUKORO GODDAY: THESE IS A GOOD ONE, I HAVE BEE APPLY ONLINE BUT N...
- Salman: I was dealing with Mashreq Bank only for 3 to 4 mo...