Aiming to cut down reckless driving and violation of traffic laws, the UAE Ministry of the Interior has rolled out new traffic fines for motorists in Dubai, and elsewhere in the Emirates. Some of the new traffic rules and traffic fines in Dubai are: Driver and all passengers must use seat belts and those who […]
Archive | Dubai Transport RSS feed for this section
Motorists in Dubai, and other parts of UAE, are paying 15% more on auto insurance premium than last year. Premiums for both third party and comprehensive insurance for all categories of vehicles were increased after the UAE Insurance Authority revised the unified auto insurance regulations with effect from January 2017. Apart from a hike in […]
Development work on Expo 2020 Metro station has commenced. Expo 2020 Metro station is announced to be largest metro station in Dubai. In June 2016, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) awarded by the contract worth AED10.6 billion for Route 2020 to Expolink, a consortium of French, Spanish and Turkish companies. The Expo station design […]
Here is a full list of traffic fines in Dubai. Some of these fines are still in proposal mode, to be implemented soon. Traffic Fines in Dubai: Dangerous driving Dh2,000 23 black points 60-day vehicle confiscation Dangerous driving that damages public or private properties Dh2,000 23 black points 60-day vehicle confiscation Driving under influence of […]
Authorities in Dubai have announced new traffic laws, aiming to improve driving and road safety in Dubai. Updated traffic laws in Dubai Drivers will be fined Dh400 for each passenger who is found without a seatbelt inside the vehicle. Children under 10 years of age and any person less than 145cm in height will banned […]
Careem has started to offer booking of RTA operated Dubai Taxis through its app. Existing customers will see the new “Taxi” car type as an option and new users to Careem will need to download the app from their app store and register an account to get started. No credit card details are needed to […]
Riding sharing service provider Careem has imposed a surcharge of AED3 per trip saying it will be passed directly to the RTA. The fee is applicable on both on-demand and pre-scheduled completed journeys and will be included on all passenger receipts labelled as ‘RTA fee’. The fee would not apply to RTA taxis booked through […]
According to some reports, Dubai airport has limited hand carry luggage to 10 Kgs only. Apparently, many passengers were not informed in advance so they had to leave the excess hand luggage before passport control – making the day of those in waiting. A reddit user reports how he collected the loot consisting of 1 […]
Over 4,500 taxi cabs in Dubai are now linked with Makani, the new addressing system in Dubai. Makani, an Arabic word which means ‘my location’, uses a 10-digit number linked to a GPS coordinate. Makani is a satellite address system introduced by Dubai Municipality is accurate down to a metre and even shows the location […]
Dubai Taxi Corporation has planned to equip 1,500 taxis with CCTV cameras by the end of this year. The cameras will focus the driver only. Dr Yousif Al Ali, CEO of Dubai Taxi, clarified that the move is to only help the RTA to monitor the behavior of taxi drivers. None of the cameras will […]
- Filipinos in Dubai may pay additional duties when sending Balkibayan cargo back home July 24, 2017
- Nol Card can be used for retail payments in Dubai July 18, 2017
- New Traffic Fines roll out in Dubai July 1, 2017
- Dubai Typing Centers not accepting Medical Test applications June 5, 2017
- Ramadan Fridge Sharing Initiative is back in Dubai May 28, 2017
- Emaar Malls acuquired 51 percent stake in Namshi online fashion retailer May 25, 2017
- VAT begins to roll in Dubai, 100% tax on tobacco products and energy drinks May 25, 2017
- Auto Insurance in Dubai now costs 15% more May 7, 2017
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? June 17, 2013
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai May 21, 2013
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City January 6, 2011
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands December 9, 2014
- Shoaib Baig: I think shame on this employer, who have hired suc...
- henry: Great work. It will really be a great event....
- christine amendi: thanks so much for the information There a certain...
- javaria hanif: Thank you for all this information that is really ...
- SHI: I have send AED.200 through Mashreq Snapp to India...
- Gopalan Vasudevan: I am experiencing poor customer service from Mashr...
- Alex: I apply for personal loan for my wedding 2 months ...
- Anish: This is a very bad bank. In terms of service and b...