Careem has started to offer booking of RTA operated Dubai Taxis through its app. Existing customers will see the new “Taxi” car type as an option and new users to Careem will need to download the app from their app store and register an account to get started. No credit card details are needed to […]
Archive | Dubai Transport RSS feed for this section
Riding sharing service provider Careem has imposed a surcharge of AED3 per trip saying it will be passed directly to the RTA. The fee is applicable on both on-demand and pre-scheduled completed journeys and will be included on all passenger receipts labelled as ‘RTA fee’. The fee would not apply to RTA taxis booked through […]
According to some reports, Dubai airport has limited hand carry luggage to 10 Kgs only. Apparently, many passengers were not informed in advance so they had to leave the excess hand luggage before passport control – making the day of those in waiting. A reddit user reports how he collected the loot consisting of 1 […]
Over 4,500 taxi cabs in Dubai are now linked with Makani, the new addressing system in Dubai. Makani, an Arabic word which means ‘my location’, uses a 10-digit number linked to a GPS coordinate. Makani is a satellite address system introduced by Dubai Municipality is accurate down to a metre and even shows the location […]
Dubai Taxi Corporation has planned to equip 1,500 taxis with CCTV cameras by the end of this year. The cameras will focus the driver only. Dr Yousif Al Ali, CEO of Dubai Taxi, clarified that the move is to only help the RTA to monitor the behavior of taxi drivers. None of the cameras will […]
Recently, Dubai residents have started to note, and complain, that taxis taken from the malls are bit steeper than taxis hailed on the streets. Responding to such reports, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has clarified that taxis in the malls are usually requested by mall managements from the call centre so call center charges […]
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced new parking rates and timings for all paid parking zones across Dubai. These tariffs are applicable from Saturday, May 28, 2016. Highlights of restructured paid parking policy in Dubai – The previous free parking hours from 1pm-4pm have been removed – Paid parking is in effect from […]
Commuters Beware! The Roads and Transport Authority has installed CCTV cameras in taxis as part of a pilot project to monitor the performance of drivers and for general security. The pilot phase is expected to last a few months and during this period feedback will be taken from drivers and passengers. The RTA is yet […]
Dubai has announced plans to buy more trains for Dubai Metro to keep up with growth in the number of metro users in the lead up to hosting Expo 2020. The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) is also planning to broaden the metro network to reach 16 new districts of Dubai, while improving the service […]
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) of Dubai is planning to launch a parking permit system for residents of the Emirates. The Type R parking permit system will be usable in non-paid parking zones overnight. The step is being taken in response to the recurrent spotting of vehicles coming from other areas using residential parking […]
Best Hotel Deals in Dubai
- Careem to offer on demand Dubai Taxis February 27, 2017
- Parents frustrated as Dubai Schools allowed a fee hike February 26, 2017
- UAE planning entry visa system to attract top talent from the world February 7, 2017
- Careem Dubai imposes RTA Fee while RTA denies the hike January 24, 2017
- Nom Nom Asia Restaurant offers Free Food to the Unemployed in Dubai January 20, 2017
- Mirdif community comes of age with Mirdif Hills freehold development January 19, 2017
- Thumbay Hospital to offer free consultation during Happy Hour January 13, 2017
- Travellers Beware: Dubai Airport limits hand carry luggage to 10 kgs only December 31, 2016
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? June 17, 2013
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai May 21, 2013
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City January 6, 2011
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands December 9, 2014
- christine amendi: thanks so much for the information There a certain...
- javaria hanif: Thank you for all this information that is really ...
- SHI: I have send AED.200 through Mashreq Snapp to India...
- Gopalan Vasudevan: I am experiencing poor customer service from Mashr...
- Alex: I apply for personal loan for my wedding 2 months ...
- Anish: This is a very bad bank. In terms of service and b...
- UMUKORO GODDAY: THESE IS A GOOD ONE, I HAVE BEE APPLY ONLINE BUT N...
- Salman: I was dealing with Mashreq Bank only for 3 to 4 mo...