So you are in Dubai, got your hands on a car and planning to go for a ride. But, do you have a valid UAE driving license? If not, think twice before getting behind the wheel because driving in Dubai without a license is a serious criminal offence. According to Article no. 51 of the […]
Archive | Dubai Transport RSS feed for this section
Dubai Metro services between Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) and Ibn Batuta stations will be suspended from January 5, 2018 until mid-2019 to carry out metro expansion work. Construction work on the 15km-long Route 2020, an extension of the Dubai Metro’s Red Line connecting Nakheel Harbour and Towers station with the Expo 2020 site, began late […]
According to new fee structure released recently, vehicle registration and testing, driving license and other traffic related government services have became more expensive. According to the revised fee structure, light vehicle owners will now have to pay Dh400 for first time registration, Dh350 for renewal which was Dh250 in Dubai earlier. Change of ownership will […]
Have you lost something in public transport during one of your commutes around Dubai? We all do, one time or other. Good news is that If you have lost something in one of Dubai public transports, and you have a valid document to prove your ownership, chances are you can get your lost item back. […]
Aiming to cut down reckless driving and violation of traffic laws, the UAE Ministry of the Interior has rolled out new traffic fines for motorists in Dubai, and elsewhere in the Emirates. Some of the new traffic rules and traffic fines in Dubai are: Driver and all passengers must use seat belts and those who […]
Motorists in Dubai, and other parts of UAE, are paying 15% more on auto insurance premium than last year. Premiums for both third party and comprehensive insurance for all categories of vehicles were increased after the UAE Insurance Authority revised the unified auto insurance regulations with effect from January 2017. Apart from a hike in […]
Development work on Expo 2020 Metro station has commenced. Expo 2020 Metro station is announced to be largest metro station in Dubai. In June 2016, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) awarded by the contract worth AED10.6 billion for Route 2020 to Expolink, a consortium of French, Spanish and Turkish companies. The Expo station design […]
Here is a full list of traffic fines in Dubai. Some of these fines are still in proposal mode, to be implemented soon. Traffic Fines in Dubai: Dangerous driving Dh2,000 23 black points 60-day vehicle confiscation Dangerous driving that damages public or private properties Dh2,000 23 black points 60-day vehicle confiscation Driving under influence of […]
Authorities in Dubai have announced new traffic laws, aiming to improve driving and road safety in Dubai. Updated traffic laws in Dubai Drivers will be fined Dh400 for each passenger who is found without a seatbelt inside the vehicle. Children under 10 years of age and any person less than 145cm in height will banned […]
Careem has started to offer booking of RTA operated Dubai Taxis through its app. Existing customers will see the new “Taxi” car type as an option and new users to Careem will need to download the app from their app store and register an account to get started. No credit card details are needed to […]
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai February 17, 2018
- Dubai Ambulances to charge patients for services February 10, 2018
- Hobby Trading: All You Need to Know February 8, 2018
- Good Conduct Certificate now Mandatory for Expats working in UAE February 4, 2018
- Achieving the Right Work-life Balance in Dubai February 3, 2018
- Top 10 Most Demanding Jobs In Dubai January 27, 2018
- How to become a successful HR Manager in Dubai January 20, 2018
- Driving in Dubai without a license January 13, 2018
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? November 10, 2017
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai May 21, 2013
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Zaki: How I'll get cheap calling price to Pakistan from...
- Islam A. Mohammed: thanks a lot , if one company accept me through a...
- Shoaib Baig: I think shame on this employer, who have hired suc...
- henry: Great work. It will really be a great event....
- christine amendi: thanks so much for the information There a certain...
- javaria hanif: Thank you for all this information that is really ...
- SHI: I have send AED.200 through Mashreq Snapp to India...
- Gopalan Vasudevan: I am experiencing poor customer service from Mashr...