So you are in Dubai, got your hands on a car and planning to go for a ride. But, do you have a valid UAE driving license? If not, think twice before getting behind the wheel because driving in Dubai without a license is a serious criminal offence. According to Article no. 51 of the […]
Archive | Living in Dubai RSS feed for this section
Many dog owners were furious when a stroll with their furry friends was banned along Dubai Marina promenade after already having paws banned along Jumeirah Beach Residences and the adjoining beach. If you’re looking for the right community which welcomes your pet, you search ends here. Read on to find out the best neighborhoods around […]
Dream of having a high-paying job in a foreign country is in the eyes of every second working professional or a job aspirant. However, with all the administrational issues and cultural differences, living in an unknown land can be a hard nut to crack. So, if you actually want to escape the expat bubble, you […]
Are you planning to bring your family members to Dubai for a visit? In past few years, the rules for obtaining visit visa for Dubai have become stricter. You need to provide certain documents and pay fees to get Dubai visit visa for your family. Visit visas for immediate family members can be obtained by […]
The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) is the sole provider of electricity, water and sewerage in Dubai. Whether you are a tenant or owner of a property, you have to deal with DEWA to get access to the facilities for your property. Please see below application process and list of required documents. There is […]
As an expat in Dubai living miles away from your country, you need to prepare yourself from unpleasant events. Whether it be a critical illness or inability to work or even commercial risks, you need to be protected by a reliable and highly reputable insurance company. One of the most important steps that you need […]
Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has issued a law requiring all Emiratis and Dubai expats, including dependents, to have insurance in place to pay for their emergency and curative healthcare needs. While Emiratis will be handled by a Dubai government-funded scheme, Dubai expats and their dependents will be handled under private health insurance schemes. The law […]
Here is a full list of traffic fines in Dubai. Some of these fines are still in proposal mode, to be implemented soon. Traffic Fines in Dubai: Dangerous driving Dh2,000 23 black points 60-day vehicle confiscation Dangerous driving that damages public or private properties Dh2,000 23 black points 60-day vehicle confiscation Driving under influence of […]
Here is a list of top 10 mobile apps to download in Dubai. 1. mParking Don’t have any loose change on hand? Then just send a text message to 7275 and pay for parking via your cell phone. The format is quite simple: first enter your licence plate number, followed by your parking zone number […]
Before you get settled in Dubai, you need to have a job and in order to work you require Dubai work visa. There are a few ways to obtain it but all of them require a lot of time and patience. In addition to that, you must have good amount information so you don’t face […]
- Forex Trading in Dubai February 24, 2020
- Driving in Dubai without a license February 22, 2020
- Dog Walking in Dubai February 18, 2020
- Expat Guide: How to Effectively Manage Cost of Living in Dubai February 15, 2020
- How to get Dubai visit visa for a family member February 12, 2020
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai February 9, 2020
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai February 6, 2020
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai February 3, 2020
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? January 21, 2020
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai December 29, 2019
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- stuart: Is the proposed 5 year retirement resident visa av...
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Goodness Adibe: Apart from hotels, some girls use their monthly re...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...