A new set of regulations for cargoes sent by Filipinos in Dubai back to their home country will take effect next month, and some senders could expect delays or incur additional duties and taxes. Starting from August 1, 2017, all senders of parcels containing personal effects and household items, commonly called “balikbayan boxes,” will be […]
Archive | Living in Dubai RSS feed for this section
The RTA has recently announced that the Nol card can now be used to make payments at select retail outlets across Dubai. The service is now available in more than 1,000 retail outlets across Dubai. Users of Nol card in Dubai are now able to make quick and easy payments for purchases using their existing […]
Aiming to cut down reckless driving and violation of traffic laws, the UAE Ministry of the Interior has rolled out new traffic fines for motorists in Dubai, and elsewhere in the Emirates. Some of the new traffic rules and traffic fines in Dubai are: Driver and all passengers must use seat belts and those who […]
Most typing centers in Dubai are no longer accepting applications after new standards were introduced by authorities. The typing centers are diverting applicants to DHA Medical Fitness Centers for filling up application forms for medical fitness tests, required for visa renewal. Reportedly, the typing centers have stopped processing medical fitness test applications as they are […]
A brainchild of Australian native, Sumayyah Sayed, Ramadan Fridge sharing is back in Dubai. In 2016, when Ramadan Fridge sharing initiative was started, the organizers arranged over 150 fridges across Dubai. Ramadan Fridge Locations: The initiative is spread across Dubai in areas like Jebel Ali, Marina, Sports City, Umm Suqueim, Jumeirah, Al Barsha, Meydan, Midriff. […]
Emaar Malls has announced that it has acquired a 51 per cent stake in Namshi, the online retailer owned by Germany based Rocket Internet. Emaar Malls will acquire a 51 percent stake in Namshi for 151 million dollars. Five-year old Namshi made its first annual profit last year on revenues of Dh555m – which indicates […]
The Federal Tax Authority of UAE has announced a 100% tax on tobacco products and energy drinks, as well as a 50% tax on carbonated beverages, beginning in the fourth quarter of 2017. The valued added tax (VAT) will be imposed on imported goods and services unless explicitly exempted by the law. According to the […]
Motorists in Dubai, and other parts of UAE, are paying 15% more on auto insurance premium than last year. Premiums for both third party and comprehensive insurance for all categories of vehicles were increased after the UAE Insurance Authority revised the unified auto insurance regulations with effect from January 2017. Apart from a hike in […]
Kids love snacks, and mothers turn to chicken nuggets, burgers, sausages, and shawarmas to provide healthy meals to their children. However, most of the chicken based frozen food other there contains MDM based ingredients, causing serious health hazards to your kids. Most of the chicken sausages and chicken nuggets that you give your kids or […]
Development work on Expo 2020 Metro station has commenced. Expo 2020 Metro station is announced to be largest metro station in Dubai. In June 2016, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) awarded by the contract worth AED10.6 billion for Route 2020 to Expolink, a consortium of French, Spanish and Turkish companies. The Expo station design […]
- Filipinos in Dubai may pay additional duties when sending Balkibayan cargo back home July 24, 2017
- Nol Card can be used for retail payments in Dubai July 18, 2017
- New Traffic Fines roll out in Dubai July 1, 2017
- Dubai Typing Centers not accepting Medical Test applications June 5, 2017
- Ramadan Fridge Sharing Initiative is back in Dubai May 28, 2017
- Emaar Malls acuquired 51 percent stake in Namshi online fashion retailer May 25, 2017
- VAT begins to roll in Dubai, 100% tax on tobacco products and energy drinks May 25, 2017
- Auto Insurance in Dubai now costs 15% more May 7, 2017
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? June 17, 2013
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai May 21, 2013
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City January 6, 2011
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands December 9, 2014
- Shoaib Baig: I think shame on this employer, who have hired suc...
- henry: Great work. It will really be a great event....
- christine amendi: thanks so much for the information There a certain...
- javaria hanif: Thank you for all this information that is really ...
- SHI: I have send AED.200 through Mashreq Snapp to India...
- Gopalan Vasudevan: I am experiencing poor customer service from Mashr...
- Alex: I apply for personal loan for my wedding 2 months ...
- Anish: This is a very bad bank. In terms of service and b...