The RTA has recently announced that the Nol card can now be used to make payments at select retail outlets across Dubai. The service is now available in more than 1,000 retail outlets across Dubai. Users of Nol card in Dubai are now able to make quick and easy payments for purchases using their existing […]
Archive | Dubai Technology RSS feed for this section
Commuters Beware! The Roads and Transport Authority has installed CCTV cameras in taxis as part of a pilot project to monitor the performance of drivers and for general security. The pilot phase is expected to last a few months and during this period feedback will be taken from drivers and passengers. The RTA is yet […]
Great news for the tech savvy in Dubai. Newly installed smart palms in parks and beaches are not only providing shade but also acting as free wifi hotspots. The six-metre-tall artificial trees are solar powered and offer recharging for mobile phones and other gadgets, as well as weather forecasts, news and information about Dubai. So […]
Dubai 360 has launched the first online interactive city tour of Dubai with nearly 1,300 pieces of panoramic video and photo content. Dubai 360 officially launched www.Dubai360.com which allows viewers to explore every angle of the city from the comfort of their own home. Having already given internet users a glimpse of what was to […]
Dubai has become first Arab city to have a complete Google Street View in Google Maps. Google cooperated with Dubai Municipality for the project, which took nine months to complete. Google Street View was first launched in the United States in 2007. It was reported in 2010 that Google is planning Street View for Dubai. […]
icflix, the first subscription based movie streaming service in MENA, has partnered up with Souq.com to offer a 3-month premium subscription to the online streaming service – for free! Watch Jazwood (Arabic content), Hollywood and Bollywood movies and TV shows on icflix.com or on any smart device. The icflix app is free to download for iOS, […]
Etisalat, in collaboration with a third party, has launched a new prepaid SIM card called Five prepaid mobile connection, offering low calling rates. The call rates are quite cheap for international calls and the big advantage is that the flat rates are applicable throughout the day and there is no need to subscribe to any […]
RTA Smart Taxi is an app to call a cab in Dubai. This smart initiative will cover nearly 9,000 taxis in Dubai, including 495 cabs from the fleet of Hala Taxi. Passengers have to just download the app and enter their telephone number, and the nearest taxi in the area will arrive at the required […]
I have visited Dubai quite a good number of times over summer breaks or just taking a short vacation from the hectic 9 to 5 life. It has been like a second home for me; my easiest getaway in times when I need an escape. Each time I have traveled with a fair amount of […]
Before the advent of modern technology, leaving home to live abroad was often a much more isolating experience than it is today. Sharing your impressions, triumphs, and setbacks as an expat with friends and family back home meant making pricy long-distance phone calls or writing long-hand letters which could take weeks to arrive to the […]
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai October 16, 2017
- How to find a job in Dubai October 15, 2017
- Expat Guide to Moving to Dubai from UK October 14, 2017
- Dubai Rent Guide October 13, 2017
- List of Residency and Foreign Affairs Centres (GDRFA) in Dubai October 12, 2017
- The hidden costs of living in Dubai – Expenses, Rents and Fines October 11, 2017
- Forex Trading in Dubai October 10, 2017
- Excise Tax coming to Dubai, Consumables to get expensive August 23, 2017
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? June 17, 2013
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai May 21, 2013
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City January 6, 2011
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands December 9, 2014
- Islam A. Mohammed: thanks a lot , if one company accept me through a...
- Shoaib Baig: I think shame on this employer, who have hired suc...
- henry: Great work. It will really be a great event....
- christine amendi: thanks so much for the information There a certain...
- javaria hanif: Thank you for all this information that is really ...
- SHI: I have send AED.200 through Mashreq Snapp to India...
- Gopalan Vasudevan: I am experiencing poor customer service from Mashr...
- Alex: I apply for personal loan for my wedding 2 months ...