Parents are frustrated as private schools in Dubai are allowed to rise fee up to 4.8 per cent for the next academic year. The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) stated that the best-performing private schools in Dubai could raise their fees by up to 4.8 per cent. Many parents were disappointed because their already […]
Archive | Cost of Living RSS feed for this section
Dubai taxi fares increased again within 12 months. Taxi commuters will now have to shell out an additional 11 fils per kilometre, while passengers heading from airport will have to pay 21 fils per kilometre. Previously, taxi flag down rate was increased from Dh3 to Dh5 and the minimum fare was raised from Dh10 to […]
Residents of Dubai applying for a new visa or visa renewal must provide proof of medical insurance. When applying for a new visa or visa renewal, a medical certificate must be presented. It is a document provided by the insurance company stating that a person is covered by medical insurance. Insurance companies have to provide […]
Education in Dubai to get dearer as 117 private schools will increase fees this year after approval from the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). This fee increase is applicable for the next academic year, which will start in April 2016 for Indian schools in Dubai and August 30 for other private schools in the […]
The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has announced that no visas will be issued or renewed for workers whose employers have not paid for their insurance. The DHA said that it was working with the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs to ensure that no work visas were issued to companies with more than 100 […]
Dubai Municipality has doubled the sewerage fee for Dubai residents to one fils per gallon of water. The new fee will be charged from March 2015. The new rate means, for example, a monthly sewerage fee on 2,029 gallons of water — Dh10.15 — would double to Dh20.30. The Emiri decree has been issued by […]
Dubai Municipality has recently announced that now all expat residents of Dubai, living in rented and freehold residential properties in Dubai, have to pay the housing fees. This means all expat tenants are now charged five per cent of the rent of their housing units and owners of freehold residential properties are charged five per […]
RTA has announced minimum Nol card balance for Dubai commuters using public transportation network. Commuters with Nol cards not meeting minimum fare requirements will be prohibited from traveling through Dubai Metro, Bus or Tram. This is the second time in current year when minimum balances on Nol card are changed. Previous hike came in August […]
Another hike in the cost of living for Dubai residents. As announced today by RTA, the flag down rates of taxis in Dubai will increase from Dh3 to Dh5 from December 1. RTA has also revised the basic charges for booking cabs, with the non-peak hour bookings costing Dh8, up from Dh6, and the peak-hour […]
RTA has announced the fares for Dubai Tram. The tickets will cost Dhs 3 irrespective of the distance travelled. The 10.6-km tramway, which is on track to open on November 11, is connected to Dubai’s automated fare collection system, Nol. Earlier, the fare was decided to be calculated based on existing zonal fare structure. However, […]
- Dubai Rent Guide March 15, 2019
- List of Residency and Foreign Affairs Centres (GDRFA) in Dubai March 11, 2019
- 9 Reasons Why You Need to Shop Online in Dubai March 7, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to find best movers in Dubai March 5, 2019
- How to work part time in Dubai March 1, 2019
- 7 Reasons Why You Need a Weekly House Cleaner in Dubai February 25, 2019
- What You Need to Know About Insuring A Ferrari in the UAE February 24, 2019
- How to pay Traffic Fines in Dubai without visiting Traffic Department February 20, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? January 2, 2019
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai November 28, 2018
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...
- Ismail: How we will get cheap to pakistan from the five s...
- Masud: How I’ll get cheap calling price to bangladesh f...