Dubai is projected as a tax free heaven, especially to expats that hail from countries with high tax rates. People, coming to Dubai, thought that can earn and save a lot so that they may retire peacefully after working some years in Dubai. The reality is quite different. Dubai is not all glitter and there […]
Archive | Cost of Living RSS feed for this section
Consumables in Dubai will get expensive as the Excise Tax Law will come into effect from October 1st, 2017, across Dubai and other Emirates of the UAE. The excise tax will be up to 100% for most items. The Tax shall impact all excise goods consumed inside the country, including all the country’s free zones […]
The Federal Tax Authority of UAE has announced a 100% tax on tobacco products and energy drinks, as well as a 50% tax on carbonated beverages, beginning in the fourth quarter of 2017. The valued added tax (VAT) will be imposed on imported goods and services unless explicitly exempted by the law. According to the […]
Parents are frustrated as private schools in Dubai are allowed to rise fee up to 4.8 per cent for the next academic year. The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) stated that the best-performing private schools in Dubai could raise their fees by up to 4.8 per cent. Many parents were disappointed because their already […]
Got a parking ticket or fined for a driving law violation? You can pay your traffic fines in Dubai without visiting the traffic department, unless you have been specifically directed to come in person. How to pay Traffic Fines in Dubai Ministry of Interior website: The Ministry of Interior has a centralized federal payment system […]
Dubai taxi fares increased again within 12 months. Taxi commuters will now have to shell out an additional 11 fils per kilometre, while passengers heading from airport will have to pay 21 fils per kilometre. Previously, taxi flag down rate was increased from Dh3 to Dh5 and the minimum fare was raised from Dh10 to […]
Residents of Dubai applying for a new visa or visa renewal must provide proof of medical insurance. When applying for a new visa or visa renewal, a medical certificate must be presented. It is a document provided by the insurance company stating that a person is covered by medical insurance. Insurance companies have to provide […]
Education in Dubai to get dearer as 117 private schools will increase fees this year after approval from the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). This fee increase is applicable for the next academic year, which will start in April 2016 for Indian schools in Dubai and August 30 for other private schools in the […]
The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has announced that no visas will be issued or renewed for workers whose employers have not paid for their insurance. The DHA said that it was working with the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs to ensure that no work visas were issued to companies with more than 100 […]
Dubai Municipality has doubled the sewerage fee for Dubai residents to one fils per gallon of water. The new fee will be charged from March 2015. The new rate means, for example, a monthly sewerage fee on 2,029 gallons of water — Dh10.15 — would double to Dh20.30. The Emiri decree has been issued by […]
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai October 16, 2017
- How to find a job in Dubai October 15, 2017
- Expat Guide to Moving to Dubai from UK October 14, 2017
- Dubai Rent Guide October 13, 2017
- List of Residency and Foreign Affairs Centres (GDRFA) in Dubai October 12, 2017
- The hidden costs of living in Dubai – Expenses, Rents and Fines October 11, 2017
- Forex Trading in Dubai October 10, 2017
- Excise Tax coming to Dubai, Consumables to get expensive August 23, 2017
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? June 17, 2013
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai May 21, 2013
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City January 6, 2011
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands December 9, 2014
- Islam A. Mohammed: thanks a lot , if one company accept me through a...
- Shoaib Baig: I think shame on this employer, who have hired suc...
- henry: Great work. It will really be a great event....
- christine amendi: thanks so much for the information There a certain...
- javaria hanif: Thank you for all this information that is really ...
- SHI: I have send AED.200 through Mashreq Snapp to India...
- Gopalan Vasudevan: I am experiencing poor customer service from Mashr...
- Alex: I apply for personal loan for my wedding 2 months ...