The Federal Tax Authority of UAE has announced a 100% tax on tobacco products and energy drinks, as well as a 50% tax on carbonated beverages, beginning in the fourth quarter of 2017. The valued added tax (VAT) will be imposed on imported goods and services unless explicitly exempted by the law. According to the […]
Archive | Cost of Living RSS feed for this section
Parents are frustrated as private schools in Dubai are allowed to rise fee up to 4.8 per cent for the next academic year. The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) stated that the best-performing private schools in Dubai could raise their fees by up to 4.8 per cent. Many parents were disappointed because their already […]
Got a parking ticket or fined for a driving law violation? You can pay your traffic fines in Dubai without visiting the traffic department, unless you have been specifically directed to come in person. How to pay Traffic Fines in Dubai Ministry of Interior website: The Ministry of Interior has a centralized federal payment system […]
Dubai taxi fares increased again within 12 months. Taxi commuters will now have to shell out an additional 11 fils per kilometre, while passengers heading from airport will have to pay 21 fils per kilometre. Previously, taxi flag down rate was increased from Dh3 to Dh5 and the minimum fare was raised from Dh10 to […]
Residents of Dubai applying for a new visa or visa renewal must provide proof of medical insurance. When applying for a new visa or visa renewal, a medical certificate must be presented. It is a document provided by the insurance company stating that a person is covered by medical insurance. Insurance companies have to provide […]
Education in Dubai to get dearer as 117 private schools will increase fees this year after approval from the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). This fee increase is applicable for the next academic year, which will start in April 2016 for Indian schools in Dubai and August 30 for other private schools in the […]
The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has announced that no visas will be issued or renewed for workers whose employers have not paid for their insurance. The DHA said that it was working with the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs to ensure that no work visas were issued to companies with more than 100 […]
Dubai Municipality has doubled the sewerage fee for Dubai residents to one fils per gallon of water. The new fee will be charged from March 2015. The new rate means, for example, a monthly sewerage fee on 2,029 gallons of water — Dh10.15 — would double to Dh20.30. The Emiri decree has been issued by […]
Dubai Municipality has recently announced that now all expat residents of Dubai, living in rented and freehold residential properties in Dubai, have to pay the housing fees. This means all expat tenants are now charged five per cent of the rent of their housing units and owners of freehold residential properties are charged five per […]
RTA has announced minimum Nol card balance for Dubai commuters using public transportation network. Commuters with Nol cards not meeting minimum fare requirements will be prohibited from traveling through Dubai Metro, Bus or Tram. This is the second time in current year when minimum balances on Nol card are changed. Previous hike came in August […]
- Filipinos in Dubai may pay additional duties when sending Balkibayan cargo back home July 24, 2017
- Nol Card can be used for retail payments in Dubai July 18, 2017
- New Traffic Fines roll out in Dubai July 1, 2017
- Dubai Typing Centers not accepting Medical Test applications June 5, 2017
- Ramadan Fridge Sharing Initiative is back in Dubai May 28, 2017
- Emaar Malls acuquired 51 percent stake in Namshi online fashion retailer May 25, 2017
- VAT begins to roll in Dubai, 100% tax on tobacco products and energy drinks May 25, 2017
- Auto Insurance in Dubai now costs 15% more May 7, 2017
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? June 17, 2013
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai May 21, 2013
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City January 6, 2011
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands December 9, 2014
- Shoaib Baig: I think shame on this employer, who have hired suc...
- henry: Great work. It will really be a great event....
- christine amendi: thanks so much for the information There a certain...
- javaria hanif: Thank you for all this information that is really ...
- SHI: I have send AED.200 through Mashreq Snapp to India...
- Gopalan Vasudevan: I am experiencing poor customer service from Mashr...
- Alex: I apply for personal loan for my wedding 2 months ...
- Anish: This is a very bad bank. In terms of service and b...