Got a parking ticket or fined for a driving law violation? You can pay your traffic fines in Dubai without visiting the traffic department, unless you have been specifically directed to come in person. How to pay Traffic Fines in Dubai Ministry of Interior website: The Ministry of Interior has a centralized federal payment system […]
Archive | Cost of Living RSS feed for this section
Dream of having a high-paying job in a foreign country is in the eyes of every second working professional or a job aspirant. However, with all the administrational issues and cultural differences, living in an unknown land can be a hard nut to crack. So, if you actually want to escape the expat bubble, you […]
Ambulances in Dubai will now charge patients for various services including transfer from accident sites to hospitals. In order to become self-funded and self sustainable, Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services (DCAS) will be charging from Dh600 and going up to Dh1,200 for emergencies. An amount of Dh6,770 will be the stipulated compensation for traffic incidents […]
du has confirmed that it will add 5% to its products and services from January 1, 2018, as value added tax (VAT). As mandated by the UAE Federal Tax Authority, 5 percent VAT will be added to applicable telecommunications products and services effective from January 1, 2018. For postpaid customers, 5% VAT will be […]
According to new fee structure released recently, vehicle registration and testing, driving license and other traffic related government services have became more expensive. According to the revised fee structure, light vehicle owners will now have to pay Dh400 for first time registration, Dh350 for renewal which was Dh250 in Dubai earlier. Change of ownership will […]
Dubai Municipality has planned to charge a pay as you throw waste fee very soon. All buildings in Dubai will soon be charged for waste collection as Dubai Municipality has decided to outsource waste collection service to the private sector. According to the news report here, a senior municipality official confirmed that Dubai Municipality would […]
All types of food items in the UAE, including staples such as bread and rice, will be taxed under the VAT scheme from January 1, 2018, the Federal Tax Authority (FTA), reported by Guld News. Earlier, it was assumed that staple food items will be exempted from the 5 per cent tax increase. Initially, an […]
Dubai is projected as a tax free heaven, especially to expats that hail from countries with high tax rates. People, coming to Dubai, thought that can earn and save a lot so that they may retire peacefully after working some years in Dubai. The reality is quite different. Dubai is not all glitter and there […]
Consumables in Dubai will get expensive as the Excise Tax Law will come into effect from October 1st, 2017, across Dubai and other Emirates of the UAE. The excise tax will be up to 100% for most items. The Tax shall impact all excise goods consumed inside the country, including all the country’s free zones […]
The Federal Tax Authority of UAE has announced a 100% tax on tobacco products and energy drinks, as well as a 50% tax on carbonated beverages, beginning in the fourth quarter of 2017. The valued added tax (VAT) will be imposed on imported goods and services unless explicitly exempted by the law. According to the […]
- How to get job in Dubai Hotels? October 18, 2019
- Expat Health Insurance in Dubai October 15, 2019
- Top Dubai Municipality Apps October 12, 2019
- How to Become a Successful HR Manager in Dubai October 9, 2019
- Dubai Job Market and Working in Dubai October 7, 2019
- Drivers on Rent: DTC app to offer Drivers in Dubai for 40 Dirhams per hour October 7, 2019
- How to find a job in Dubai October 4, 2019
- Expat Guide to Moving to Dubai from UK October 1, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? July 19, 2019
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai September 28, 2019
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Goodness Adibe: Apart from hotels, some girls use their monthly re...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...
- Ismail: How we will get cheap to pakistan from the five s...