Shawarma, the most eaten food in Dubai, is going to get scarce. Dubai Municipality has started crackdown on shawarma outlets after the deadline to implement the new guidelines on preparing and selling shawarma ended on October 31. The six-month deadline given to 572 small and medium food outlets selling shawarma across Dubai to implement the […]
Archive | Business in Dubai RSS feed for this section
Students in UAE can now work “legally” or train for work in the private sector by obtaining work permits will be able to obtain work permits, according to a new decree announced by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation. The new decree allows students aged between 12 and 18 years to obtain a work […]
The UAE VAT is coming: UAE is getting ready to implement Value Added Tax (VAT) on businesses. In the first phase, registration for UAE VAT is mandatory for companies whose annual revenues exceed Dh3.75m while it is optional for those whose revenues range between Dh1.87m and Dh3.75m Companies in the UAE that record annual revenues […]
Following the initiative taken by Abu Dhabi, almost 3,000 groceries in Dubai are set for a makeover by 2018. The Department of Economic Development (DED) is introducing new standards as part of its efforts to improve the quality of services available to the public in Dubai, particularly in the retail sector. As a part of […]
Ministry of Labor, UAE has announced a set of new Labor Laws, to come in effect from January 1, 2016. Ministerial Decrees 764, 765 and 766 pave the way for improved labour relations by securing more stable practices governed by regulations that protect workers who are legally sponsored to enter the UAE. New UAE Labor […]
The overseas operations of Dubizzle.com, leading classified website of UAE, are taken over by OLX – one of the world’s top classified websites. The acquisition process, strategically called rebranding, has been applied to ten Dubizzle properties including Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Lebanon, Jordan, Algeria, Tunis and Egypt. According to Arabian Business, Abdallah Touqan, […]
Taj Palace Hotel Dubai, the landmark hotel in Deira, cease to exist after 14 years of establishment. India based Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces will no longer manage the Taj Palace Hotel Dubai bringing an end to a 14-year deal. The Deira property is back in the hands of owners, Juma Al Majid Group, which […]
S&K Estate Agents LLC , One of Dubai’s biggest real estate agencies has released a statement regarding its recent bankruptcy. S&K Estate Agents LLC (also known as Smith and Ken) has been handed to liquidators in a process to pay back creditors, with all 80-plus employees having lost their jobs. The company filed bankruptcy at […]
Dubizzle, the poster boy of classified listing websites in UAE, is going to through a major shakeup. According to a report by Arabian Business, dubizzle.com has parted with its CEO and numerous other staff members as part of a major restructuring. Other senior managers also are among those who have lost their jobs. The restructuring […]
While the thought of a shiny new car can be seriously tempting, do you really need one? Sometimes just because you think you can afford something, does not necessarily mean it’s a good thing to get. Applying for a personal loan or leasing a car can be a cost effective way to satisfy your traveling […]
- How to Set Up a DEWA account in Dubai November 11, 2019
- Expat Life Insurance in Dubai November 8, 2019
- A Guide to Mandatory Medical Insurance Law in Dubai November 5, 2019
- List of Traffic Fines in Dubai October 27, 2019
- Top 10 mobile apps to download in Dubai October 24, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? October 21, 2019
- How to get job in Dubai Hotels? October 18, 2019
- Expat Health Insurance in Dubai October 15, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? October 21, 2019
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai September 28, 2019
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Adeel 123: In such a situation, whatever balance I bring, it ...
- Goodness Adibe: Apart from hotels, some girls use their monthly re...
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...