The Ministry of Laboure has passed a regulation, virtually banning the termination of UAE nationals from private sector. The sacking of Emiratis will be unlawful if: – the worker has not violated the labour law. – expatriates are doing the same job that the sacked Emirati used to do. The company will have to notify […]
Archive | Business in Dubai RSS feed for this section
It has now been confirmed that what was quoted by Dubai Police Chief was not a mis-interpretation, as suggested by some media articles, but something that has been considered to be implemented as a Law in Dubai. National Human Resource Development and Employment Authority (Tanmia) has submitted a draft proposal to the Ministry of Labour […]
As if expats dumping their cars and fleeing credit liabilities in Dubai was not enough, a recent report by Khaleej Times highlights how some cheating expats have taken rent-a-car companies for ride. Rental companies have shared their frustatio and despair over clients damaging cars, not paying violation fees, and sometimes not returning the vehicles at […]
Another news that speaks of incoming recession in Dubai. According to the report, a British consultancy and construction firm has relocated a number of staff from its Dubai office to work on projects in Saudi Arabia, due to the construction slowdown in the emirate. Mace, a global firm with offices across the GCC, is using […]
Khaliji: Common Gulf Currency to be launched in 2010. The Gulf common currency is just 12 months away. Economists at the Dubai International Financial Centre have tentatively named the new common currency the “Khaliji”. Although the baptism is not yet officially approved, DIFC economists are hopeful that the proposed name will find favour with the […]
Dubai has felt the heat of global recession and at least property and real estate sectors are already in downsizing mode. Nakheel, Dubai’s real estate master developer, made 500 people (or 15 per cent of its global workforce) redundant while scaling back projects. This is the second biggest confirmed job cut in the UAE so […]
Amlak Finance PJSC and Tamweel PJSC, the two leading UAE real estate finance providers, will be merged into a new entity under the umbrella of the Real Estate Bank (a government owned entity). – The Real Estate Bank (REB) was founded in 1990 to support the building sector and provide appropriate housing for UAE citizens […]
- Dubai Rent Guide March 15, 2019
- List of Residency and Foreign Affairs Centres (GDRFA) in Dubai March 11, 2019
- 9 Reasons Why You Need to Shop Online in Dubai March 7, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to find best movers in Dubai March 5, 2019
- How to work part time in Dubai March 1, 2019
- 7 Reasons Why You Need a Weekly House Cleaner in Dubai February 25, 2019
- What You Need to Know About Insuring A Ferrari in the UAE February 24, 2019
- How to pay Traffic Fines in Dubai without visiting Traffic Department February 20, 2019
- How to get Dubai Work Visa? January 2, 2019
- Points to consider before Relocation to Dubai November 28, 2018
- Registration Proccess for Emirates ID Card November 23, 2015
- Incompetent Customer Service By Mashreq Bank February 22, 2009
- Dubai Massage Centers – Getting a Massage in International City September 6, 2017
- New UAE labor rules to come in effect from January 1, 2016 September 29, 2015
- I Left My Heart in Vienna February 14, 2016
- More jobs in market as Dubai Real Estate sector expands November 25, 2017
- Stranger: I'm in an apartment building, and I paid 2000 AED...
- Sabeen: I m a Montessori directer I want to apply as teach...
- Asad: Residents in buildings not connected to the main m...
- Firdous: What is the fine for driving heavy passenger vehic...
- Dubai Expat Blog: @Imran Abbas: Light vehicles’ failure to abide...
- Imran abbas: Who much is the lane change fine...
- Ismail: How we will get cheap to pakistan from the five s...
- Masud: How I’ll get cheap calling price to bangladesh f...